• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

These are great...but too expensive

Fenix

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hello all.

I really like these pair of glasses, but the price tag puts me off slightly. Does anyone know of any other models that looks the same as this one?
 

Fenix

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
i had that in my watch list
but i want a black one, because my hair is black. i asked the seller if he has the exact model but black frames, he said yes but wants to know how much i would be willing to pay. i gave him a figure and never heard anything since.
 

minhi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Fenix
i had that in my watch list
but i want a black one, because my hair is black. i asked the seller if he has the exact model but black frames, he said yes but wants to know how much i would be willing to pay. i gave him a figure and never heard anything since.


actually i think that price ($200) for eyeglass frames, and oliver peoples is quite reasonable, my eye exam is due next month and i'll give them some consideration! luckily my insurance pays a good portion of it!
 

mythek

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Fenix
Hello all.

I really like these pair of glasses, but the price tag puts me off slightly. Does anyone know of any other models that looks the same as this one?



DAMN those are nice. i wonder if there is sumthing similar but for sunglasses. even better if the lense is that clear/colorless.....

i'm currently looking for a pair of sunglasses that has the look of the eyeglasses, clear/colorless lense but not prescription lense, that also protects me from the sun.....i have no idea if such thing even exists...
 

Fenix

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by minhi
actually i think that price ($200) for eyeglass frames, and oliver peoples is quite reasonable, my eye exam is due next month and i'll give them some consideration! luckily my insurance pays a good portion of it!
you think so?
those glasses cost twice as much as my winter coat.
i'm currently looking for a pair of sunglasses that has the look of the eyeglasses, clear/colorless lense but not prescription lense, that also protects me from the sun.....i have no idea if such thing even exists...
actually yes there is. if you see the link i posted, there you can customize the type of lenses you want (non-prescription, clear, UV lenses). but if you're looking for SUNGLASSES then i don't know.
 

minhi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Fenix
you think so?
those glasses cost twice as much as my winter coat.


have you shopped for designer label frames recently? even non-fashion label frames are that expensive, the three frames i have, nike, rl, and moda (off-label danish brand) were that price or more expensive! of course those are metal (and one is titanium), but i'd bet those OP ones are cheaper then D&G or Prada ones and the OP ones are better quality i bet.

they really screw you on eyewear prices, i think the fact that a lot of folks like me have insurance is one reason, but even with insurance i'd still have to pay $80 for the frames.
 

Fenix

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
well i have to admit i know nuts about eyewears and prices
i just feel expensive paying $200 for something that sits on my nose. been splurging lately too. $130 for a guitar, $120 for a coat, and now $200 for these. all in a week.
 

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Fenix
$130 for a guitar
I hate to sound like a huge snob, but $130 for a guitar is not a splurge, it's a waste of money.
And +1 to what grun said; you wear your glasses every day, with every outfit, every season. Spend a little more and get some really good ones - they're worth it. Edit: So I sound like less of a snob, I'll add welcome to SF, and suggest that you not be intimidated by how much some people here spend on their clothes; there are all ranges of budgets represented on this forum, and you can learn how to get good value at lower price points by hanging out here and doing a little searching through older threads. Although my opinion on the guitar stands...
 

GameBoy

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
I hate to sound like a huge snob, but $130 for a guitar is not a splurge, it's a waste of money.


And +1 to what grun said; you wear your glasses every day, with every outfit, every season. Spend a little more and get some really good ones - they're worth it.

Edit: So I sound like less of a snob, I'll add welcome to SF, and suggest that you not be intimidated by how much some people here spend on their clothes; there are all ranges of budgets represented on this forum, and you can learn how to get good value at lower price points by hanging out here and doing a little searching through older threads. Although my opinion on the guitar stands...



Totally off topic, but BD - what's your nicest axe?
 

Fenix

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by grunhauser
It's on your face, your most important asset; pay up and enjoy.
i agree. but if you see my original link it's not there anymore. just when i decided to buy it....

for some reason that model doesn't exist online anymore. there's one on ebay though. but those retail shops, for some reason, took it off their inventories, all at the same time.

am still trying to get used to the forum and understanding how people post. hope you all will bear with me.
 

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by GameBoy
Totally off topic, but BD - what's your nicest axe?

A 2001 Les Paul Standard, which may pop up in Buying and Selling for a friendly price sometime soon. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, or would like to...
 

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
6
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
A 2001 Les Paul Standard, which may pop up in Buying and Selling for a friendly price sometime soon.

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, or would like to...


The counter to your argument is that some pretty awesome shit has been made with some terrible ass equipment, whereas the Gibson Les Paul is definitely favored by the douchebag in the Bobby Jones polo who drags his bored wife into Guitar Center and plays classic rock lixxxxx. Your mileage may vary.
 

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

  • An Acute Style

    Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Bernoulli

    Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Brennenman

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • cr2596

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

    Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Dapper Philly

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Flying Monkey

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • PSB

    Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Roscoe the best 1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roscoe the best 2

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Roscoe the best 3

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Thin White Duke

    Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Upr_crust 1

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Upr_crust 2

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • VegasRebel

    Votes: 1 1.6%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
469,658
Messages
10,051,957
Members
211,838
Latest member
Darkdistroi
Top