Theories like 'Method' 'Don Juan' etc...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Bouji, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

Nothing works if you aren't sober...

Following that logic, everything works if you're drunk?

2. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

A lot of it is useful to guys with no clue or social intuition, and a lot of it probably works on incredibly insecure girls. But it's not really for anyone reasonably familiar with how male-female relations work who wants to date mature, intelligent, have-their-shit-together women.

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

Nothing works if you aren't sober...

Following that logic, everything works if you're drunk?

Guess so. [​IMG]

4. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

A lot of it is useful to guys with no clue or social intuition, and a lot of it probably works on incredibly insecure girls. But it's not really for anyone reasonably familiar with how male-female relations work who wants to date mature, intelligent, have-their-shit-together women.

That's what it seems to me, no woman worth my time (i.e. they have enough intelligence to understand that what I say - I mean) would need me to 'pretend' not to like them, so that they like me more. (They say to act disinterested, and aloof, but if I wanted to do that, what's wrong with a whore?).

5. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

That's what it seems to me, no woman worth my time (i.e. they have enough intelligence to understand that what I say - I mean) would need me to 'pretend' not to like them, so that they like me more. (They say to act disinterested, and aloof, but if I wanted to do that, what's wrong with a whore?).

Leading on from this, does this mean if I sleep with a prostitute, they will also be in love with me because I would tell them to get out of my bed once I was done with them?

6. v0rtex

v0rtex Senior member

As other posters have said, the tactics taught in most of those theories are crap... the strategies, less so.

I spent a couple of years following that path and would be lying if I said it hadn't drastically changed my life for the better, but I'd credit that more to learning to be an observant, social, confident person rather than any linguistic trickery or "routine" from a website.

In retrospect, it can all be summed up as: hang out with cool people who naturally do what you want to be able to do (this is true for anything you want to learn), grow a pair of balls and be unafraid to go for what you want in all areas of your life.

If you already do that then you probably won't find any value in those theories, and wonder why on earth people need to study something so obvious. If you don't then the theories can drastically change your life for the better, although you will go through a phase where you're a bit of a douchebag to people.

Oh and don't pay for any of the advice, all you need is available for free. And never, ever meet people off those boards.

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

What in hell is this thread about? Weenies using pick-up lines?

Yes.

8. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

I've read Mystery's handbook and what a load of bullocks it was. I'd only recommend it to teenage boys or an overly shy grown man with a confidence problem.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I honestly thought that only socially-disabled super-nerds, pre-pubescent teens and long-sentence inmates were interested in this kind of stuff. I guess I was wrong... WTF is this thread about? Do enough people read or listen to phony dating advice to actually fill a thread on SF? [​IMG]

10. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Senior member

Don Jaun/Mystery Method/Cocky+Funny/all that shit is basically for nerds with zero knowledge of where to start with women.

Really, it boils down to not being a tool and being confident.

11. Jason762

Jason762 Senior member

I have to admit, I'm guilty of being one of the guys who wants to follow the MM method.

I'm 22 and have zero experience with girls. I have had one girlfriend when I was 16 but she lived 30 miles away and I didn't own a car. It lasted 2 weeks before I broke it off and I never saw her except for the first time we met.

Right now, I think I'm failing quite badly with a girl I wasn't originally interested in. She showed interest in me, and I suppose she grew on me.

I dunno, I'm hoping learning this will help me out a bit. Girls have always been a bit of a look-but-don't touch thing with me.

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

I don't even know what this means.

What in hell is this thread about? Weenies using pick-up lines?

WTF is this thread about? Do enough people read or listen to phony dating advice to actually fill a thread on SF? [​IMG]

May be this and this will explain.

13. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

What they do is oversaturate you with information. Since this is a one-size-fits-all (when you're talking about the books & manuals, not the personal instruction) thing, they make sure you have all the tools you need, and then you're supposed to develop it into your own personal style.

If you've always been a Dungeons & Dragons nerd fantasizing about women, then you'll need everything. If you're an average guy, then you can take a few pointers you might not be able to hear elsewhere. If you're treading poon, then you wouldn't need this stuff, as it is just YOUR behavorial patterns being taught here.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

+1 this shit is for misguided kids or losers...

15. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

I honestly thought that only socially-disabled super-nerds, pre-pubescent teens and long-sentence inmates were interested in this kind of stuff. I guess I was wrong... WTF is this thread about? Do enough people read or listen to phony dating advice to actually fill a thread on SF? [​IMG]

As you can see, few people on this board believe in it.
    The purpose of this thread is exactly that, to reinstate my hypothesis, that more refined gentlemen (as most on this board are) would be skeptical/not believe in such ideologies.