• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THECORNER.COM and YOOX

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Ordered something from the corner.com and was very surprised to notice, when I payed, that the payment went to YOOX. Shipping comes from same warehouse in Bologna too. Never realised they were part of YOOX group.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Yeah I did didn't I?. Just don't see why I'd pay the same company £500-600 for, say, a Piombo blazer when I've picked them up up for £200 on yoox.com - and one as low as £90, or even say a RODA sports jacket for £600, or shirt for £130 on Corner when I've had them for £200 and £45 respectively on YOOX.com.
As it happens I bought a nice RODA pocket square for £29 shipped for nothing.
Then of course I'm not as intelligent, or sartorially educated, as most of the members on SF. So, please excuse me for my ignorance!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The stuff on the corner is usually either more current (latest season) or higher end (but not always) thus higher prices. Nevertheless, I picked up a new Piombo suit from thecorner on sale which was much less expensive than similar suit on yoox. Go figure. It's worth checking both places.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
I know that yoox's stuff is last season's, and the corner's is not; however, I don't really care about what colour is "in" this year. For instance, I see no difference in the Piombo polo shirts. or sports jackets on corner, except for the updated logo and price (oh, and the colour of the buttons on the polo's). I have bought 6 polo's of Piombo, all under £40, 2 years ago. The only difference on the corner's current ones are mentioned above and £70.
The point I am trying to make is: If I wanted to buy two identical items manufactured by the same brand, then give the money to the same company, shipped from the same warehouse I will not pay £3-400 more. Especially if the only difference is an updated logo.
Maybe they shove some of the stuff they can't shift this season on corner onto yoox next year.

Here is a Piombo100% linen jacket I bought from yoox for £125

and here is a current Piombo 100% linen on corner - only difference the logo inside - £600

Infact I think the £125 one is much nicer

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hypothetical: You want a green linen blazer. Now.

You mean that last year they didn't make one? my, you'll have to buy this season's.

Brands don't make product in perpetuity. If you're happy to have old stock from a few seasons ago thats great, but if you see an advert for a great coat, and want it now, not next year, you'll buy it from teh Corner not Yoox.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The corner's sale prices were a lot lower than Yoox in a lot of cases. NDC boots were ~$130 at the corner and the same boots were ~$200 at Yoox

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Exactly, Blackhood, not saying I'm tight mate. If I see it and I like it, then I'll buy it. Of course I won't wait until next year. But, If I did desperately want a green linen Piombo blazer ,right now, I would pop over to Yoox and see if they had a green linen one first!
However, there is a good probability that I'll buy one of corner's Piombo jackets from yoox next season.

I've also bought a Kiton suit on Yoox for £1,020, last season's of course, luckily it fitted well, and I have wearing it for years and it's never been "outdated". I've also bought one in Clifford street for £4,500 which I hastily needed for a function and, of course, wanted a good fit.
I've noticed that all " last seasons" Attolini and Kiton suits get snapped up pretty sharpish on Yoox, simply because they are real bargain.

StockwellDay. Please don't call me daft, I'm not. Blah, Blah, Blah

Right the point:

I had looked at the site before, specifically at Piombo sports jackets which I happen to like, and saw the price difference of the corner's new stuff to Yoox's old stuff, and the similarity of it, and thought Yoox had much more choice at a better price.
Conclusion: buy them from Yoox for a few hundred cheaper. There's no difference, and more choice.
So, when I bought a pocket square - for a decent price - from Corner and saw I was paying Yoox, I then realised it was the same company.
That's all.

Time to end this thread methinks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads