• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Zara A/W Lookbook

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
European Zaras kick so much ass. The one Zara I regularly visited in Montreal never truly impressed me.

dave333

Reaction score
I went to a Zara while in Paris and was really impressed by the leather jackets, shirts, sweaters. They even had some real kick ass cap toe oxfords that looked decent enough.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like how their leathers and faux leathers fit but some just look plastic. I can imagine it peeling after a year or so.

I think they are about to launch an online store though, which is a pretty good move on their part.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I like how their leathers and faux leathers fit but some just look plastic. I can imagine it peeling after a year or so.

I think they are about to launch an online store though, which is a pretty good move on their part.

That would be nice, the Zara near me never has any of the stuff I see online..

ma1

Reaction score
One of my favorite pairs of jeans was bought at zara for 10 euros. It was in barcelona but still. You are a fool to pay full price for anything there though.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara is much higher quality than H&M. I have never gotten anything that lasted from H&M but plenty from Zara.

Zara in Spain has two huge sales a year. One in winter (January I think not too sure it changes a bit) and one in summer (late June/ early July). Don't waste your money buying stuff if it's not sale time. When it is the sale time, I've gotten blazers/jackets/shoes/jeans/shirts all for 10 euro. The shoes are terrible quality but at 10 euro it's still a steal. In San Francisco its sporadic sales, usually a rack or two of $10-$20 stuff, nothing I would really ever buy.

Zara's business model is change stock every 14 days so if there is something you really like, buy it, or go to another country and buy it there. (I've seen a jacket go from Spain to Asia to US with all the different price tags on it).

Also if you want better quality get Massimo Dutti - same Inditex company but higher end stuff. It's usually about 10-20 euro more an item, but I would say it's worth the price difference.

office drone

Reaction score
Boxing week definitely has the deepest markdowns and most selection of stuff on sale, for my local Zara anyway.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped buying Zara about 10 years ago. Quality is crap for me and the fit is fine if you are in your 20s and very thin. My wife keeps buying Zara and on her it looks very nice.
After Zara I moved to Massimo Dutti which is widely available in Europe. The quality is much better, but the fit no so much (expecially for the pants). I have two suits from MD but don't like them anymore. The shoes are pretty decent and good value on sale for less than 100 USD. The leather jackets made in Spain are good value also.
Massimo Dutti is more MC than SW and they copy less obviously various Italian brands (e.g Incotex or PT01 for pants, Jacob Cohen for jeans, Tods loafers, different makers of cashmere sweaters and casual jackets). But I find that the quality and fit is never close to the originals and for me it's more interesting to hunt down on Internet and sales higher end stuff than impulse buy some poorly made Zara or Massimo Dutti. My 2 cents.

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
The french take all the good zara, and send all the **** to N.america...

i was in paris last week and found the zara i visited there to have an almost identical selection to the two stores we have in chicago.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who are strapped for cash this winter and looking for a nice coat at an affordable price ( ~200€ ) this piece, which should be available early in December, might be contemplable...

zaracoat01.jpg

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This **** is not worth full price-- I wouldn't touch it with a stick

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
This **** is not worth full price-- I wouldn't touch it with a stick

The coat or Zara generally ?

darkknight

Reaction score
looks great in the pic, but most likely **** in person. probably 50% polyester.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
The coat or Zara generally ?
^zara... I've seen pieces from their so-called lookbook irl and they look like ****, sewn by half-blind slave labor on the nightshift, with just one 10 watt bulb as illumination for the whole factory. I was also in a massimo dutti store a few weeks back, looks like a ralph lauren clone, and the prices are terrible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads