• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Zara A/W Lookbook

skunkworks

Reaction score
Hey it looks like everyone else's lookbook, but 4 to 6 weeks later.

flyindarkness

Reaction score
never had any experience Zara, do most of their stuff go on sale after a while?
How does the quality compare to h&m?

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quality and materials are better than H&M. The prices are 2x-3x the price example: the Dior knockoff full length above is 249.99USD. Sale time hits around the same as most boutiques, so around dec/jan for fall & winter. Pricey men pieces are easy to find during the first two markdowns in my opinion. Footwear and bags; not so much.

Melo

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I find their clothes photograph well but I'm usually unimpressed when I actually see them in the store.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Maybe I've just had bad luck but I've never found the quality of Zara to be noticeably better than H&M.

Zara is a little better with certain pieces, but they carry a higher price tag than h&m . I recently bought a plaid shirt from H&m for $40 less than what Zara was selling the almost identical shirt for.

James_M

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's physically possible to be worse quality than H&M. You look at that shit sideways it disintegrates.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every Zara Ive been here has been full of cheep shit, a lot like the stuff at h&m. I visited a Parisian Zara, all the stuff in there was much higher quality, some of the sweaters were almost comparable to Dior homme sweaters (fit wise). The french take all the good zara, and send all the shit to N.america...

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atuhsad
The first and the third picture are straigt from Dior Homme's runway collection from FW 2009; not a bad thing I guess, but they are exactly the same. Score 1 for fast fashion.

Visited a Zara-store today, and noticed that even the sneakers look like DH. They had that weird looking stripe.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zara copies all their sneakers. I've seen Lanvin, Paul Smirh and Marc Jacob inspired sneakers all the time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.