• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Zam Barrett Thread

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i have the high neck raglan in a thick allblack wool its quite warm!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you think it would look nice with a grey blazer over the high neck with black trousers and footwear?

I kind of want it to be thick chunky and loose, but what he has in the sample sale looks thin and tight.

same as yours Shah or different? Thinking about a size.48 with a 20.5" chest

Reaction score
Do you think it would look nice with a grey blazer over the high neck with black trousers and footwear?
I kind of want it to be thick chunky and loose, but what he has in the sample sale looks thin and tight.

Are you talking about the inner blazer? I think theres only a size 46 left. I picked up the size 48. Its great if you can get your size. Especially considering the price.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm trying to have a discussion with Shah man, wth

The least you can do is re-read what was posted instead of posting meaningless garbage

Damn you.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

i got a prototype that was freesize but basically 48-50. it's oversized on me, i don't think i'd wear it with a blazer, i do wear it with a linen coat--this juxtaposition of fabrics upset so MCers it seems--and loose trousers and i think it looks nice. though in that case everything is black which i don't like particularly but in winter it kinda looks nice contrasting with the white blanket. i have worn it with other non-black trousers and even black coated denim, so it's quite versatile in that sense. it's also reversible.

airblaster503

Reaction score
I need to get a SZ account and get some of his pants. I don't understand why he doesn't post the prices in the sale threads though. Any idea toasty how much those pants you posted are going for? Also the J Cut pants he has are interesting.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$220 + free shipping within the US supposedly

Last edited:

951socal

Reaction score

I need to get a SZ account and get some of his pants. I don't understand why he doesn't post the prices in the sale threads though. Any idea toasty how much those pants you posted are going for? Also the J Cut pants he has are interesting.

you have to email him for a pricing sheet

951socal

Reaction score

Regardless, this is a style forum. We have a JCrew thread, and people are complaing about a ZB thread? Just because it's not your taste, does not make this thread "unworthy" of the all-mighty styleforum. 

whats wrong with j.crew?
it fits the street wear aesthetic moreso than ZB.

selvedge denim offerings, selvedge chambray offerings, suits that are more modern and built less thick and more casually than menswear clothing.
and collabs with levis introducing heritage denim cuts with state of the art washes.

not to mention alden X j.crew, and the variety of other collabs they have had over the years

Last edited:

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those who own a pair or have been following Zam's collection..

How do the Minimalist DNA linen pants fit compared to the Soft J pants? Deciding between the two and anyone with fit pics or a link to the collection pics would serve ideal for me to decide.

Reaction score
To those who own a pair or have been following Zam's collection..
How do the Minimalist DNA linen pants fit compared to the Soft J pants? Deciding between the two and anyone with fit pics or a link to the collection pics would serve ideal for me to decide.
DNA pants fit tighter than the J pants. I wear a 50 in J's, 48 in DNA. Both run a bit big in the thigh. I don't know what your wardrobe is like, but the DNA pants are more aggressive than the J pants (if that makes sense).

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some of his pants have intrigued me, but it's impossible to tell what anything looks like because the de facto SZ fit pic is unviewable due to overwhelming darkness and every ******* product shot has **** twisted in every ******* conceivable way so as to completely confuse the buyer. Plus, everything you CAN see seems to have a seam seamed onto it seemingly everythwere so tat every goddam thing looks like it's made enteril of stitching and raw edges. I've never so much as touched a single item in real life, so maybe it's better when you're wearing it, but seriously, it seems impossible to wear and not that fun to look at. amorphous blobs in most photos I've seen. Add to that the ridiculous crucifix motif on every single item of clothing, and it gets impossible - and unbearable - to sort through every picture and piece over on SZ.

All that said, he seems like he's probably a really nice guy, and if I were ever in NYC I would probably try to get a fitting done, or something. I'll give him the benfit OF THE DOUBT.

I mean, it's like, I want trousers that are loose in the thighs with an aggro taper that are made of nice fabric, but I CAN'T ******* TELL WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

Last edited:

Reaction score
Some of his pants have intrigued me, but it's impossible to tell what anything looks like because the de facto SZ fit pic is unviewable due to overwhelming darkness and every ******* product shot has **** twisted in every ******* conceivable way so as to completely confuse the buyer. Plus, everything you CAN see seems to have a seam seamed onto it seemingly everythwere so tat every goddam thing looks like it's made enteril of stitching and raw edges. I've never so much as touched a single item in real life, so maybe it's better when you're wearing it, but seriously, it seems impossible to wear and not that fun to look at. amorphous blobs in most photos I've seen. Add to that the ridiculous crucifix motif on every single item of clothing, and it gets impossible - and unbearable - to sort through every picture and piece over on SZ.
All that said, he seems like he's probably a really nice guy, and if I were ever in NYC I would probably try to get a fitting done, or something. I'll give him the benfit OF THE DOUBT.
I mean, it's like, I want trousers that are loose in the thighs with an aggro taper that are made of nice fabric, but I CAN'T ******* TELL WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE
Check the facebook page. They have pics in the photo albums that are much more revealing.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Thanks for the info guys.
Will take a look at the fb pics. I just dont want a pants with drop crotch. I was leaning towards the dna pants in linen because the hems were clean and not frayed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads