• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The yellow tie - how workable?

ElPrincipe

Reaction score
Does it work...?

Yellow with solid blue spots. Pretty loud. Haven't tucked shirt as was wearing jeans so just threw it on with a shirt for image purposes (though for some weird reason this tie actually is kinda crooked on that left hand side, might actually exchange for another...).

Cheers guys

Last edited:

keys

Reaction score
Absolutely works. No worries.

V-

ElPrincipe

Reaction score
Ah good, well I'm sure the concept works, but concerned it's too bright/loud and looks kinda ugly closer? (nvm the shirt, due to be laundered)

Last edited:

Kroaker

Reaction score
Yellow ties with a simple pattern are appropriate in almost any environment. I like the look of a yellow tie with a medium/dark grey suit.
They also work well with navy suits.

ElPrincipe

Reaction score
I think this one is quite bold, I've ordered a similar one which should be slightly more muted with more subtle dots :)

Demean

Reaction score
I had a similar thought recently. I think it can work! But I believe mine might to be a little bit to gold coloured...

Mattia

Reaction score
I like the color combination of yellow against a light blue shirt, and I think your combo looks great. It's a bold, cheerful pairing.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always think twice about it as an idea, but in the flesh they always look great!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing in the slightest wrong with it: Why are you worried?

mhdena

Reaction score
Yellow and Gold look great with with Charcoal, Navy too.

Balfour

Reaction score
I am not at all keen on yellow ties, but it is a matter of personal taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads