The Yacht Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by WoodyStylee, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

Hey Canvas. I was on the first leg of the journey. Probably have some pics, depends what you need. Josh (son) didn't get put in jail down there. Yes, Abby did die from a seizure in a bath tub. The actual shakedown was to Santa Barbara. The Avalon trip was just for fun. Anyhoo, let me know what you need. Take care.

Wow, what are the chances?

I'd like to pick up a 40-50 foot boat sometime in the next 2 years. I've been working in the desert for too long, and I'd like nothing more than to check out for 1-2 years of sailing.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Spotted this in the harbour on the way to Athens last year. No idea what it is, but interesting. All black?! [​IMG]

3. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

4. antiguogrumete

antiguogrumete Well-Known Member

The day BMW Oracle won back the America´s Cup [​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

enjoy

5. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. eqpablon

eqpablon Senior member

Burger Boats, some of the finest made.

I completely agree. I think the smallest "boat" Burger makes is 83 ft long; which would require a crew. What's the largest size boat you could pilot without the necessity of having a crew?

7. PERhodes

PERhodes Active Member

Ours: 1963 S&S yawl [​IMG] and a builder's shot: [​IMG]
    Looks rather tubby for an S&S, was it a one off or a production design and who was the builder?

8. Concordia

No surprise, really. The Finisterre-vintage yawls, with centerboards, tended to be on the tubby side.

9. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

has anyone seen this?
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

^^^
    Sub titles? Really liked it wvwn though I didnt understand a word.

11. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

^^^
    Sub titles? Really liked it wvwn though I didnt understand a word.

I was trying to get the whole movie which is like 90 minutes but haven't succeeded.
    The soundtrack is great and available even on youtube but not the actual video. Not sure about the subtitles as that is the last thing I need.

12. PERhodes

PERhodes Active Member

No surprise, really. The Finisterre-vintage yawls, with centerboards, tended to be on the tubby side.

I'm well aware of the history but there's a difference between the functional yet aesthetically pleasing CCA racer-cruisers of the period and the precursors to the floating condos that define today's sailboat market. This boat looks as though it was designed to look pretty dolled up with plenty of wax and varnish and entertain comfortably dockside rather than sail and in my book it'd be better of as firewood.

13. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Spotted this in the harbour on the way to Athens last year. No idea what it is, but interesting. All black?!

[​IMG]

Batman has a boat?

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Batman has a boat?

Several:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Concordia

I'm well aware of the history but there's a difference between the functional yet aesthetically pleasing CCA racer-cruisers of the period and the precursors to the floating condos that define today's sailboat market. This boat looks as though it was designed to look pretty dolled up with plenty of wax and varnish and entertain comfortably dockside rather than sail and in my book it'd be better of as firewood.

If you inherit one, let me know and I'll come take it away to have it burned. Or something.