1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Worst WAYWT Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by XeF4, Jul 29, 2008.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Oh well.

If he came here w/ 3400, he'd end up w/ 1 suit he'd hardly wear, a jantzen white shirt and a pair of brown shoes no one would recognize.

Better to wait till he's graduated and started work before he comes here I think.

I kind of doubt that. If he was looking for streetwear he probably would've ended up with a pair of CP, a pair of NDC, 2 pair raw jeans (one possibly black or gray), a couple of hoodies and a sweater or something, a bunch of AA tees... etc. You could do a lot here for 3400. My Wings + Horns Sample Sale SF proxy extravaganza came out to around 2k, including what I kept, and that could've outfitted someone completely for quite a long while.

2. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

[​IMG]

The orphaned suit jacket might have potential... those dad jeans... glasses... oh man...

That stance gives an excellent opening to a kick in the nuts.

3. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

Stop picking on him, he already got into a fight, check out the cast.

Or maybe that's an accessory...

4. Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Nico Samuel Pleninsek Senior member

Advise so kidz wouln't think your teh gayz in HS for liking clothez:

Don't most of you guys sell drugs so no one will think your gay since you have an interest in clothing?

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I pray to Jeebus that it's for practical reasons and not an addition to his outfit.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

6. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

It's probably so women will ask "Oooh what happened to your hand? Did you get in a fight?"

7. Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Nico Samuel Pleninsek Senior member

It's probably so women will ask "Oooh what happened to your hand? Did you get in a fight?"

I punch brick walls so the womens think I fight, and then I run my fingers through my hair and go, "Yeah I killed a man." Then they don't think I'm gay; best way to sex ever man.

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

He can then tell the story of how he got his ass kicked after stealing a pair of jeans from his ex gf's dad. Epic.

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

no wonder he dress like that when he lives inside a trashcan with brick wallpaper

Who the fuck are you to judge a man by where he has to live?

10. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

^I think he was commenting on the uncleanliness of the room, i.e. all the clothes lying around.

11. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

No, he specifically mentioned the wallpaper.

12. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Oh and I'm going to bring this up again but a guy had $3400 to spend on a new wardrobe and he came to that forum. $3400!!! To think that it was wasted on a lot of mediocre mall brands! Oh dear god WHY!? If only I had $3400 to spend, I think I would be set for a long time. I think I want to cry now.

This is the link to the thread, click at your own caution if you are a starving college student like me =/

Wow...yeah I'm a college student and I'm slowly rebuilding my wardrobe. Jeez with 3400, you can do so MUCH and have enough noodles till grad school.

13. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

If you guys are bitching about that, then you have to read this shit. Source: http://www.kinoimageconsulting.com/consultation/
    $580 to spend a day with a guy who will help you go shopping. Top that off with the money you wuld need to spend in order to get new clothing. Damn, people are lazy. If only those poor chumps found styleforum first.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

If anyone's interested, i'll offer the same service for $579. Good deal. Get it while it's hot.

15. Lel

Lel Senior member

If you guys are bitching about that, then you have to read this shit.

Source:
    http://www.kinoimageconsulting.com/consultation/

$580 to spend a day with a guy who will help you go shopping. Top that off with the money you wuld need to spend in order to get new clothing. Damn, people are lazy. If only those poor chumps found styleforum first.

Oh my god, please tell me that no one has done this. Please please please.

16. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Oh my god, please tell me that no one has done this. Please please please.
    This guy is going to break your heart: http://www.kinoimageconsulting.com/mike/

17. Lel

Lel Senior member

How did you find that? I'd love to see his other... "works". I'm starting to think that the $3400 new wardrobe guy isn't an anomaly, but rather the norm on the forum =/

18. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

[​IMG] This is just that disgusting.

19. Shraka

Shraka Senior member

Some of the stuff on the actual blog is okay. It's written by different people though, so some of it sucks.

This guy is going to break your heart: http://www.kinoimageconsulting.com/mike/

He doesn't look as bad as he could... 'cept his pants are too long... and he should wear nicer shoes... and he has the douche cut t-shirts.

20. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

How did you find that? I'd love to see his other... "works". I'm starting to think that the $3400 new wardrobe guy isn't an anomaly, but rather the norm on the forum =/

go read that book, The Game by Neil Strauss (documents the subculture that spawned Kinowear)

the people who subscribe to that philosophy can be crazy...flying cross country / internationally for workshops on picking up women. a lot of them came across as extremely desparate in the book

spending like thousands on a brand new wardrobe in 1 day picked out by a "professional image consultant" for $580 is not a surprise