• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst WAYWT Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
It can't be denied that the tactics taught by PUA...rehearsed stories, "negging", d-bag level peacocking...are ingenuine, bad things.
About as ingenuine as makeup, that stuff makes women appear more beautiful than they really are.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
About as ingenuine as makeup, that stuff makes women appear more beautiful than they really are.
True. Or how about the man's suit that makes him appear to have broader shoulders than he really has? So there's always a little bit of deception going on during courtship. But sooner or later, she's going to find out who the real you is. Why be anything else other than honest? What do men have to be ashamed of? Present yourself in the best light sure, but to take on an entirely different identity and to have these "gurus" advocating that type of behavior, is actually doing a disservice to men in the long run. These guys learn that they have to be someone else in order to get the girls of their dreams, and it's just flat out wrong.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
If were debating "getting laid" as opposed to "finding the dream girl", then id say 99.99% of young people are after the first, community or not community.

QUite frankly i think 90% of what a guy does, from seeking financially rewarding jobs, to buying cars, to dressing well, has sexual goals.

I guess I should have been careful with my wording. What is socially unacceptable to women and even men, is seducing women as a hobby. I'm not saying the entire community has that goal, however, I would not be surprised if some of the guys do it to add another notch on the belt.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
lol, it's threads like these that remind me how much SF is like a religion. "Only our God is the right one, everyone else is WRONG!"

So funny. Obviously I appreciate the SF aesthetic more than others which is why I come here. But to be so arrogant as to think that the SF aesthetic is the only and correct one is pretty amusing imo.

+1. Are we really that bored these days that we want to talk **** about how badly they dress compared to us or feel the need to troll their forum to highlight their inadequacies? Why are there always a few people who rush to make this some overblown feud like boys v. girls, bloods v. crips, david lee roth v. van halen?
confused.gif
So they dress like the rest of America. So what? I actually applaud it. For every guy I see wearing a polo over a dress shirt over a t-shirt all covered by (as J suggested to me) a neon pink gorrilla-fur vest with one tie for the polo and another for the dress shirt, I'm relieved there's one more person to make what I wear stand out. I'm also relieved that there's one less person I have to fight with come sale time. I like being a part of a forum where people are just as enthusiastic about my interests as I am. I'd wager that a lot of the energy comes from the fact that we're rather small and very niche. Sure, I'd like to see others, my friends included, take more of an interest and concern about their clothes but some of comments and proposed actions are, to put it bluntly, blatantly marsupialed. If we think we're so much better then them why don't we shut up and prove it.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
True. Or how about the man's suit that makes him appear to have broader shoulders than he really has? So there's always a little bit of deception going on during courtship. But sooner or later, she's going to find out who the real you is. Why be anything else other than honest? What do men have to be ashamed of? Present yourself in the best light sure, but to take on an entirely different identity and to have these "gurus" advocating that type of behavior, is actually doing a disservice to men in the long run. These guys learn that they have to be someone else in order to get the girls of their dreams, and it's just flat out wrong.
The thing is a lot of these guys don't know how to present themselves, they may be flat out social marsupials or in the closet ones. That's where the community comes in. Are you really becoming someone else by making good changes to your life?
Originally Posted by unrated
I guess I should have been careful with my wording. What is socially unacceptable to women and even men, is seducing women as a hobby. I'm not saying the entire community has that goal, however, I would not be surprised if some of the guys do it to add another notch on the belt.
Last time I checked guys gave each other pats on the back, and even more respect in some cases to guys who can get girls. As for women they want to have guys that a proven track record of being attractive via women.
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
It already is; it's called 'marriage'.
+1

freshDenim

Reaction score
I was introduced to this site ( SF ) by a 'seduction community' member. I wanted to improve my social life, which would mean acceptance and such. I had no style per se, didn't know what been attractive would entail, didn't understand how to make and keep a social circle. Never had a girlfriend. Introversion, but not creepiness was my lifestyle.

After meeting the community.

I have and now maintain a balanced and decent style, SF standard with my own variations. And all of you guys 'peacock' whether you like it or not; being better dressed than the average JOE, gets attention. Thats just how works.

I have a decent social circle, my job as of now is because of 'sarging' or socializing, which ever sounds more acceptable to you, I don't care.

Interaction with beautiful, sexy ( read: HOT ) women is a mere norm, while guys are out there viewing these women as luxuries walking down the street or at that coffee shop, across that study hall or at that bus stop, or that backyard party doubting themselves, ( yeah i know it happens to you sometimes ) i realized its nothing to give that woman a chance to meet me and it remains way more exciting than just staring at them; wishing I had there numbers or such. This Is not Bragging. This is the benefit of the community.

It hurts me now to see guys settle.

While you all may not have none of these problems, there are guys who do. While some of you are satisfied with monogamous relationships, some guys aren't.

All in all i have achieved a lot in this area of my life by being introduced to the 'seduction community', all for FREE. I have BALANCED my life, its social and intellectual parts.

So don't knock those guys, for helping out people.

And I hear you guys on the manipulation thing, the community is now staring away from that. People used mystery's methods as props when they NEEDED it,( what do i tlk about ? ) but when they understand the process, it just becomes useless to recite stories when you have your own, to lie about social circles when they can 'smell' your value.

I was never really a fan of mystery's methods, but I understand his ideology.

EDIT: Shoreman explain to me what is your idea of pick-up and where do you find these women that dont need to be picked up, please. Also this is not an argument.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
lol, it's threads like these that remind me how much SF is like a religion. "Only our God is the right one, everyone else is WRONG!"

So funny. Obviously I appreciate the SF aesthetic more than others which is why I come here. But to be so arrogant as to think that the SF aesthetic is the only and correct one is pretty amusing imo.

I don't agree with that at all. I like a lot of other styles, hell I even respect the guys over at hyepbeast (though I don't wear any), but the stuff on that web site is just garbage. They all look like 1990's Eurotrash. They lack any real personal style, and really don't want any. Their only goal in dressing appears to be just to wear whatever women want you to, not dress how they actually like.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is kind of annoying. If you want to make fun of another subculture, how about picking something cool like Furries?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
vjc2dkri7.jpg

The orphaned suit jacket might have potential... those dad jeans... glasses... oh man...

Please tell me that guy is German! He looks so German it's not even funny.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
So they dress like the rest of America. So what? I actually applaud it. For every guy I see wearing a polo over a dress shirt over a t-shirt all covered by (as J suggested to me) a neon pink gorrilla-fur vest with one tie for the polo and another for the dress shirt, I'm relieved there's one more person to make what I wear stand out. I'm also relieved that there's one less person I have to fight with come sale time.
You have completely convinced me. On an unrelated note, ATTENTION STYLEFORUM: the following brands and designers are no longer approved...

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
whodini;1202668 said:
+1.

So they dress like the rest of America. So what? I actually applaud it. For every guy I see wearing a polo over a dress shirt over a t-shirt all covered by (as J suggested to me) a neon pink gorrilla-fur vest with one tie for the polo and another for the dress shirt, I'm relieved there's one more person to make what I wear stand out. I'm also relieved that there's one less person I have to fight with come sale time.

QUOTE]

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but doesn't that almost put you in the same category as those guys? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Wow you have totally bought into their twisted view of things, no?

How about instead of trying to overcome striking out with the type of chicks who end on hotchickswithdouchebags, pursue women who don't need to be "picked up."

it may seem like i have, but i really haven't. you have to take the game with a grain of salt. i know people who try to follow its rules like they're the 10 commandments, and i know people like myself, who take what they read in the book with a grain of salt, but can still learn things from the book even without applying all of the "rules".

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Please tell me that guy is German! He looks so German it's not even funny.

I wonder if he does his own tailoring on that old-school Singer, or if it's just a decoration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads