• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The World's best dress shirts-GQ article

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
you just have white teeth on your mind.

No comment necessary.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pariolino
Well, that is my point. If you said that you didn't like A,B and C, I would not have even replied. As it is, I don't know whether to think that the shirts all had ugly, crooked collars, bad stitching or they just weren't your taste. You say that you are jumping in to defend the world from irresponsible comments, yet you leave your Kabbaz comments hanging like a cloud and proclaim that you did it to keep the peace. I just think that is weak.

As for my own personal opinion, I neither like colored buttons, nor do I like cowboy shirts. There, I have been much more open and expressive and negative than you.

And my not enumerating my questions are both my decision and valid for the reasons I stated above. And I think the mods here appreciate what I did, even if you do not. There isnt a greater impact from not spelling things out. I have to let you know that when I make a comment I consider it through the eyes of someone rational and objective. I simply dont know where you are coming from.

Even having said all this, I suppose it is impossible to tell what sort of charge my questions would have.

And this is far more interesting, you seem to think I have a continuing and presumably negative slant on Kabbaz from my Ask Andy days. Do you have authentic threads where I attack either he or his shirts? I ask this because you admit to reading a history behind my words of what I really mean and I would like to know the dimensions of the source.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Whatcha like Zach? Can I get you a frosty beverage?

Going to a barbecue soon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
And I'll be the only one there who isn't a molecular biologist - wahoo!!!!

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Going to a barbecue soon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Do you have any good amoeba jokes ready?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to a barbecue soon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Boy, that sounds almost as tiresome as this thread.
rimshot.gif

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to a barbecue soon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I think there are some people in CE who are wondering if AIDS is caused by HIV. Could you check that out?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to a barbecue soon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Make sure you steak is well done with those guys.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I've found Borrelli shirts to be of high quality in both fabric and construction.
Lorenzini is not as nice as Borrelli with their fabrics or construction. However, I enjoy mine and in fact I'm wearing one today.
I've owned dozens of Turnbull & Asher shirts and am now down to my last one. I have no plans of buying any more of them.
Charvet shirts are unknown to me, but I'll try to seek some out for perusal.
My experience has been that Brioni and Kiton shirts are superior in fabrics and construction to all of the above.

Interestingly enough I think lorenzini are very overpriced and dull. I think Truzzi mops the floor with Lorenzini. My favorite shirts are Borrell and Kiton (with Camiceria Napoletana/Barba a close third), but I think for $100 it's hard to find a better Italian shirt than Truzzi. I don't get Charvet at all, but I've only been exposed to their RTW offerings. Great silk knots though. I also don't get RTW Brioni, I find them weak on all counts.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Interestingly enough I think lorenzini are very overpriced and dull. I think Truzzi mops the floor with Lorenzini. My favorite shirts are Borrell and Kiton (with Camiceria Napoletana/Barba a close third), but I think for $100 it's hard to find a better Italian shirt than Truzzi. I don't get Charvet at all, but I've only been exposed to their RTW offerings. Great silk knots though. I also don't get RTW Brioni, I find them weak on all counts.

OMG - a shirt post!

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Do you have any good amoeba jokes ready?
A neutron walks into a bar, sits down and asks for a drink. Finishing up, the neutron asks "How much?" The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A neutron walks into a bar, sits down and asks for a drink. Finishing up, the neutron asks "How much?"

The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

crackup[1].gif
I like it!!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Edit: Isaia also makes a very nice shirt and they use some very interesting fabrics/patterns. And I am not simply saying that because I have Isaia shirts to sell
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads