• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The World's best dress shirts-GQ article

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Uh no. The question was rhetorical in nature, but those who took it literally misunderstood it even in that light.

Re-stated as an assertion: there are many people praising Kabbaz shirts who don't have any experience or knowledge to do so without prejudice.

Rhetorical, riiiiiight.... You really don't when to quit digging do you? Is that something they teach only in second year?

Many posters with Kabbaz experience have now refuted your rhetorical question turned assertion but never mind.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Gee, on the other hand what?

I think they suck but I can't say why because j would not like that.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Dude, let it go. I have read all your posts. I have tried to be responsive. No matter what I say, you just want to argue more. I can't even tell about what at this point. Believe whatever you want about AK shirts. I no longer care, not that I ever did much. I guarantee I won't be responding to any of your posts/questions/whatevers any more. Life is too bloody short.

You should have seen the kid when I dared say in another thread that I thought an IWC Portuguese Chrono was more scarce than the IWC Portuguese Automatic. The Spanish Inquisitors would pale next to the relentlessness of young mafoo

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Rhetorical, riiiiiight.... You really don't when to quit digging do you? Is that something they teach only in second year?

Many posters with Kabbaz experience have now refuted your rhetorical question turned assertion but never mind.

You yourself implicated that it would be exceedingly difficult to accurately tabulate the number of people who have experience with Kabbaz shirts versus the number who have spoken of them as if they have knowledge yet have none.

A handful of people claiming they have experience with something amounts to anecdote. It only demonstrates, at best, that some posters do have experience with Kabbaz shirts. Did I ever deny that? I was only attempting to draw attention to the fact that there are many posters that don't have such experience yet speak as if they do.

If you want to 'refute' me, you'll have to find those posters and show that they all do have firsthand experience.

No doubt, however, if history is telling at all, you will completely ignore the substance of this patient response to your jibes at me and simply attack me for ill motivations, being argumentative, or being 'that kind' of law student.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Anna Matuozzo makes the best dress shirts.

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Interestingly enough I think lorenzini are very overpriced and dull. I think Truzzi mops the floor with Lorenzini. My favorite shirts are Borrell and Kiton (with Camiceria Napoletana/Barba a close third), but I think for $100 it's hard to find a better Italian shirt than Truzzi. I don't get Charvet at all, but I've only been exposed to their RTW offerings. Great silk knots though. I also don't get RTW Brioni, I find them weak on all counts.
I have found Truzzi shirts with their handwork to be nicer than Lorenzini.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think Anna Matuozzo makes the best dress shirts.

We know you think that. Come up with something original, big guy.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We know you think that. Come up with something original, big guy.
I am so large that I need bespoke condoms. The handwork on these condoms must be done in Naples as they are so skilled with that kind of stuff.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I have found Truzzi shirts with their handwork to be nicer than Lorenzini.

I seem to recall hearing you could get a Truzzi shirt for less than $150. Is that accurate? Seems like a potential bargain to me.

Obviously, I personally like Anna Matuozzo: everything a Borrelli purportedly should be but definitely isn't.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I am so large that I need bespoke condoms. The handwork on these condoms must be done in Naples as they are so skilled with that kind of stuff.

Points for originality.
fing02[1].gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Linen in the summer, tropical wool in the winters...no?

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Points for originality.
fing02[1].gif

The truth is he finds American market otr condoms way too blousy and needs a slimmer fit.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's right. I want a survey taken immediately with verification of the results by multiple neutral parties.

Uh no. The question was rhetorical in nature, but those who took it literally misunderstood it even in that light.

Re-stated as an assertion: there are many people praising Kabbaz shirts who don't have any experience or knowledge to do so without prejudice.

Wait... do you mean that your question wasn't purely inquisitive but rather meant to assert something???

I thought that
Not at all. A question, by nature of it being a question, makes no claim to knowledge. You ask a question to get knowledge.

crackup[1].gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads