• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Workhorse Brown Shoe

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where I work it seems the dress code is very relaxed. Any type of button up/button down shirt and some combination of jeans/cords/khakis/trousers and a smart looking pair of shoes (usually not amongst my colleagues and other people my age). Jacket and tie optional.

The purpose of this thread is to help an indecisive bitch (me) choose this workhorse brown shoe. A shoe that is comfortable to walk around the city in for a whole day, a shoe that dresses up and down well from button-down and jeans to shirt + grey trousers. I have separate formal shoes that I reserve for wearing with suits.

Something I had thought about for a cheap option are the Clarks Desert Boots in a dark brown suede.

Any other ideas or thoughts? Looking to spend up to $300.

Dr P00b

Reaction score
For not much over $300 you can jag a pair of RM Williams boots. The Leather in Chestnut colour is almost doable with any colour pants and can be dressed up or down. Or the Brown suede.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's