• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wolverine (Movie Thread) 07/26/13

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Viper
x6kx4.jpg

11j67gl.jpg

9t008n.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a point in making a new thread for the XMen film yet so I'll just post here:

Mark Millar Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past

It seems Mark Millar is already hard at work as the creative consultant for Fox on their Marvel properties. He spoke with SFX magazine (via Total Film) about the upcoming X-Men: First Class sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past, and it sounds exciting.

"Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past," Millar said. "It's X-Men meets The Terminator, You've got robots, you've got time travel, you've got superheroes - it's got everything in one film."

So it sounds like those pesky Sentinels will finally be making their way to the big screen in more than just the Danger Room.

The film is currently slated to begin production in January of 2013 with a target release date of July 18, 2014.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173273-mark-millar-talks-x-men-days-of-future-past

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Wolverine is NOT a Prequel

In an interview with Empire, director James Mangold said that this film is not a prequel at all. "Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all," revealed Mangold. "Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him."

Now, there will be prequel elements in the film as we already know some scenes will take place in World War II, but after that it will presumably jump to the present day.

"That’s something that for me was very important, that I land in a very specific place in his timeline," says Mangold. "I wanted to be able to tell the story without the burden of handing it off to a film that already exists and having to conform to it. The ideas of immortality reign very heavily in this story and the burden of immortality weighs heavily on Logan. For me that’s such an interesting part of Logan’s character that is nearly impossible to explore if you have a kind of league or team movie."

And before you start to think of this movie as an action adventure, Mangold gave his two cents on its categorization: "Japanese noir picture with tentpole action in it."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173345-the-wolverine-is-not-a-prequel

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So he goes to Japan after X3 and the film isn't following the Origins?

Kind of a weird timeline.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so I suppose nightcrawler won't be getting this in the mail

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping they'd pretend X3 never happened.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The next First Class movie will retcon this all away, so what's the point?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the promo art. :slayer:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Editted the date out and now I have a new iphone wallpaper.
34jacl1.jpg

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this.

Bryan Singer will direct 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

by Adam B. Vary

Like a wayward Wolverine, Bryan Singer is returning to the X-Men fold, closing a deal Tuesday to direct the next film in the franchise, X-Men: Days of Future Past, EW has confirmed. He replaces X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn, who stepped back from the director’s chair last week for unspecified reasons, though he will reportedly stay on as a producer and screenwriter.

After helming 2000′s X-Men and 2003′s X2 (regarded as one of the best superhero movies of the last 12 years), Singer left the franchise to make 2006′s Superman Returns for Warner Bros. He actually returned to the world of Charles Xavier and Eric Lehnsherr as a producer of X-Men: First Class, also earning a “story by” credit for the script. Days of Future Past is nominally a sequel to that film, which starred James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Jennifer Lawrence as younger versions of Prof. X, Magneto, and Mystique, respectively — and all three actors are expected to return for Days of Future Past. But given the prospective time-traveling comic book source material and Singer’s own comments about bringing some Marvel-style “connectivity” to the franchise, the filmmaker could be calling on some of the actors from his earlier X-Men films to make a cameo or three.

The film is due to begin production early next year, and arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though he produced XMen: First Class, Singers XMen film feels completely different and I have a feeling he'll ruin that sequel. :confused:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, next XMen fillm sounds like it'll be uch a clusterfuck! Why did Singer have to return?

Long rumored, director Bryan Singer has now confirmed that the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past will mix cast members from his X-Men and X2 with those from Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class. Taking to Twitter, Singer reports that Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart are set to reprise their roles as Magneto and Professor X with Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy returning to play younger versions of the same characters.

Singer goes on say that Nicolas Hoult will be back as Beast and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. His original tweets read as follows:

Bryan Singer
2714.png
@BryanSinger I'd like to officially welcome back James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, & Nicholas Hoult to #XMEN for #DaysOfFuturePast
27 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Bryan Singer
2714.png
@BryanSinger Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 & @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come...
27 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past boasts a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Although not yet officially listed, Singer's "more to come" is likely to also include Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. In addition to playing a key role in the comic book version of the story, Wolverine has appeared in every live-action X-Men film to date and will star in his second solo adventure with the July 26 release The Wolverine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...d-ian-mckellen-join-x-men-days-of-future-past

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads