• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wolverine (Movie Thread) 07/26/13

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First pic of Jackman as Wolverine in the upcoming film.

23m92e0.jpg

Comes out July 26, 2013
2iw683q.jpg

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That "Rising Soon" tagline is beyond cheesy.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's going against Silver Samurai in this one right?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They ought to include Sunfire. He was one of my favourite characters in the "Logan in Japan" saga.

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Viper is rumored to be in the film too.

Would have been good if they saved Lady Deathstrike for this film instead of wasting her on X2.

I'm hoping that a Muramasa plays a role in the film, should be a given.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do we have an reason to believe this will be any better then the last one? It had some nice promo shots too.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At this point, it really is a waste considering they have a great actor playing Wolverine. It would have been like if Thor ended up being ****** despite having Chris Hemsworth play the title character.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do we have an reason to believe this will be any better then the last one? It had some nice promo shots too.

I think this will be much better considering they aren't cramming a bunch of fan favorites in the film just for the hell of it like Blob or Gambit.

Plus it looks like this one actually has a decent script and much darker than the cheesy Origins. I have hopes for this one, I think Fox got a lot of **** towards the first film so they'll be more cautious with this one.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope you are right. At the moment the only thing that interests me is the sequel to First Class. I'd rather see them use that as a way to reboot the universe. Start fresh like the old X-Men movies never happened. New cast.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jackman did say it'll be like an standalone film so again, it looks like it is headed in the right direction.

Hugh Jackman Says The Wolverine Will Feel Like a Standalone Movie

It will please many of you who weren't fans of the first Wolverine film to know that the new film won't be a direct sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

In an interview with Total Film magazine (via Coventry Telegraph) about where The Wolverine fits into the landscape of the other X-Men films, Jackman said:

"We've deliberately not called it Wolverine 2 because we want it to be placed and feel like a standalone picture. With an all-new cast and setting it in Japan, it's going to give us a whole new visual aesthetic. The approach to character means we won't be overloaded with mutants and teams and the like, so it'll be more character-based. I think in many ways it will feel like a completely different X-Men film."

Coming to theaters on July 26, 2013, the James Mangold-directed action adventure co-stars Will Yun Lee, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Brian Tee.

In the film, Logan begins a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers and Silver Samurai.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I hope you are right. At the moment the only thing that interests me is the sequel to First Class. I'd rather see them use that as a way to reboot the universe. Start fresh like the old X-Men movies never happened. New cast.

think this movie will give a hint on the xmen sequel?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

think this movie will give a hint on the xmen sequel?

The Wolverine? No. I don't think it will connect at all.

The cover you posted is what I was getting at. Rumors are they will do a "Days of the Future Past" story-line for the next First Class movie. Doing so would easily allow them to work it into a film universe reboot and start fresh with the characters in more modern times. :)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ don't think that's a rumor any longer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads