• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Wire

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ah, I bet. A few anecdotes and the matter is settled, right?

Wow, contentious just for the sake of being contentious. I'll pop in the special feature disk when I get home and I'll tell you exactly what it is. IIRC, it was actually a British documentary about the show, interviewing the writer/producer who commented on the small audience size saying he believed it was because the cast was majority black.

If not the British doc, it's the other one I have.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

:rolleyes: Evidence?

Evidence is on one of the special features documentaries about the show

Ah, I bet. A few anecdotes and the matter is settled, right?

Wow, contentious just for the sake of being contentious. I'll pop in the special feature disk when I get home and I'll tell you exactly what it is. IIRC, it was actually a British documentary about the show, interviewing the writer/producer who commented on the small audience size saying he believed it was because the cast was majority black.
If not the British doc, it's the other one I have.

:crackup: Call me contentious, sure, but I was dead right. You saw a documentary where one guy says he believes his small viewing audience is due to a majority of the cast being black. You turn this into a declarative statement of:

Believe it or not, the majority black cast turned off A LOT of people during the run of the show.

Sorry man, but you do this all the time. It's fun to point out the especially bad examples. I'll stop shitting up a Wire thread now, I promise. :cheers:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seven years later and this still is an incredibly awful post.
It's probably the only good post I have made. That said, everyone does seem to love it so I'll give it another go if I can find it, see if I can see now what they saw then.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, I watched the whole first season and it didn't do much for me. Some good classic rap songs though. The Sopranos is a much better show.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.