1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The wingtip thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apropos, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

do you guys wear wingtips casually with jeans with a dress shirt?

2. pgd3

pgd3 Senior member

do you guys wear wingtips casually with jeans with a dress shirt?

I sure do, a nice shell longwing wears well with most any outfit.

3. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

^^ That's what I thought, until I read some post about some idiot saying wingtips are way too dressy to be worn casually. I do wear it casually and see nothing wrong about it; however, I felt I had to urge to verify it with someone here.

4. ddaniel

ddaniel Member

I've had these for some eight years now and have used them intensely (it shows, I know, and I like it ;-)

Sorry for showing them in such a rough condition. I'm new here and if this is unacceptable just let me know!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I've had these for some eight years now and have used them intensely (it shows, I know, and I like it ;-)

Sorry for showing them in such a rough condition. I'm new here and if this is unacceptable just let me know!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holy smoke...

I have never seen a pair like that before..

7. wingman

wingman Member

[​IMG] Florsheim Lexington Wingtips

8. ddaniel

ddaniel Member

To #246
    Yeah, me neither. Scarification wingtip I call them. Not a particularly great brand, but they got this model right IMO. So extremely comfortable... should've bought two pairs!

9. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

To #246
    Yeah, me neither. Scarification wingtip I call them. Not a particularly great brand, but they got this model right IMO. So extremely comfortable... should've bought two pairs!

Really interesting, and I love that they show their wear and use. No such thing as unacceptable. They're yours and wear them the way you wish.