• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width)

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for carrying the water on this mimo. I've been wanting to try Vass for a while but coming up the learning curve on ordering has taken some work. This is awesome.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for carrying the water on this mimo. I've been wanting to try Vass for a while but coming up the learning curve on ordering has taken some work. This is awesome.

Ditto

LoKey

Reaction score
I just saw on the Skoak thread that Carmina is going to have a slight increase in price on 3/1. I don't have a particular Carmina make-up in mind for a group MTO, but if anyone's interested, this is a great time to get it done. The lasts available in extra wide widths are Rain, Detroit, and Forest.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mimo, did you ever find out any more about a Vass MTO? Would they all have to be wide widths, or will they allow a mix of widths? Also, I had contacted Denis at "Made to Order Paris" about Vass MTOs a little while ago. He said he can do a GMTO with 5 people interested. Not sure of pricing, but as he's based in Europe it might be a good deal.
http://madetoorderparis.com/eng/

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just saw on the Skoak thread that Carmina is going to have a slight increase in price on 3/1.  I don't have a particular Carmina make-up in mind for a group MTO, but if anyone's interested, this is a great time to get it done.  The lasts available in extra wide widths are Rain, Detroit, and Forest. 

How about boot like this in Forest wide width?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
@mimo , did you ever find out any more about a Vass MTO? Would they all have to be wide widths, or will they allow a mix of widths? Also, I had contacted Denis at "Made to Order Paris" about Vass MTOs a little while ago. He said he can do a GMTO with 5 people interested. Not sure of pricing, but as he's based in Europe it might be a good deal.
http://madetoorderparis.com/eng/

I will add you to the conversation. We're looking at a couple of makeups now.

rostov

Reaction score
Anyone ever order from Quoddy? I wear a 10.5 3E in all AE lasts.

I've been looking for wide-fitting boat shoes / loafers in colors other than "basic brown" as generally offered by Sperry/Segabo (besides their wides not even fitting well). I had contemplated doing an MTO with Allen Edmonds, but they're quite limited in the sorts of patterns and leathers I'm interested in for summer wear, sole selections, etc... before even considering the fact any MTO would easily be 20-30% more with AE than Quoddy (or Rancourt).

Thanks!

cj610

Reaction score
I'm a tight 10.5EEE in AE's widest last and 11EEE in most others (10.5EEE in Alden TB) and have Quoddy Blucher's in 10.5EEE with the camp sole. They took a few weeks to break in but are my favorite pair. I recently got Quoddy's Oxford 10.5EEE with the Vibram sole and have found they're a bit harder to break in (I'm guessing because of the stiffer sole & more leather on the uppers) so they're still socks-only shoes after maybe 30 wears. It's a fine line......You want to hedge on the small side since the CXL will stretch and mold to your feet after they're worn for a while. BTW, I tried a 10.5 standard D width Quoddy Blucher for a while hoping the leather would stretch since they were a cheap purchase at the time............They never fit & I ended up selling them. Hope that all helps................. Good luck!

Ed

MG85

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have a pair of Edward Green Dark Oak Chelsea's. 202 Last UK 8/8.5F that are slightly to small on me and haven't been getting enough wear. I am a US 8.5 or 9 and EE or EEE.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads