• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the whole cast is perfect

oldskool

Reaction score
royal6hm.jpg
Hackman's suit is great, the whole wardrobe in this film is pefect, no? Look at the ticket pocket on the baumer's suit..

BjornH

Reaction score
Yes, this movie had a great wardrobe. On a similar note, I watched 'Man on the Moon' a week ago. It is set in the 70s and the clothes look stunning. I've always loathed the look of this decade but either my tastes have changed or they somehow managed to appeal to the tastes of the present while keeping the 70s look.

B

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You almost forget Paltrow weighs about 90 pounds when you see her in that picture.

Outside of Ben Stiller and his kids, everyone does look interesting.

Doctor Crane

Reaction score
I've been dying to have a 6x6 double breasted suit fashioned after Hackman's but have yet to do so. I think his suit in the movie was fantastic.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I find the gorge a bit too narrow but the tailoring is impeccable.

Also, I think that Royal Tenanbaums took place in the 90s, but Anderson just likes to implement 70s style in the photography and style. I could be wrong of course. I'll have to pay attention to things like cars and dates next time I see it.

MPS

Reaction score
The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favourite movies. The clothes are amusing, but frankly they look crap. Most of the coats are more than 2 inches too short.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that Royal Tenanbaums took place in the 90s, but Anderson just likes to implement 70s style in the photography and style. I could be wrong of course.
The reason the Tenanbaum family looks like they haven't updated since the 70's is that Anderson wanted to portray the characters as never moving on from their past success. They were kind of "stuck" in the era that brought them so much power. I love the look of the whole cast, especially Danny Glover and Royal's assitant (the East Indian fellow, can't remember his name). Since I'm OT already, I love the look of Steve's lawyer, and his amazing office, in The Life Aquatic.  

A.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics