• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The whole Black Fleece collection is up at BB.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
this has probably been posted but I've lost track as the Thom Browne threads get so out of control that after awhile I bail. Anyway, some very nice pieces, some very marsupialed ones. Some prices are in quite in line with comps, some could get him (BB) admitted to Bellevue. Overall, I think BB will be pleased with this experiment and will do well but there will be some stuff left over for their annual 25-30% off sales (the $700 wool knickers come to mind).

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/blackf...en_viewall.tem

Ok, lets start the next 15 page TB/BF thread!

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing it, but the size chart doesn't seem to translate to the Black Fleece items yet. Generally, I agree with Ed; some good pieces and some bad pieces. Unfortunately, IMHO, the models look uncomfortable in the layout. The clothing just looks too tight to my eye. I know this is the the Thom Browne aesthetic to a certain extent, and I don't want to fire the first shot in another TB war. However, I've seen plenty of pictures of ivy clothing from the 50's and 60's, and it just looked like it fit better than what these models are wearing.

That said, though I'd like to try them on first, I'd definitely consider a couple of the oxford shirts, provided that they were included in the next BB F&F sale. I am a bit put off by the inexact sizing given the price.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the cape, although I couldn't pull it off, and Sator should book a passage on the next ocean liner to NY to get those swallowtail coats. The shawl-collar cashmere sweater is nice too.

With the prices as high as they are, I don't know if they'll sell. However, as a designer range for getting people interested in Brooks Brothers, I think they'll succeed.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think next , Thom Brown will, design for Target ?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some cool stuff but pricing is absolutely ridiculous. I guess there could be enough idiots with too much money to make this work

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Maybe I'm missing it, but the size chart doesn't seem to translate to the Black Fleece items yet.
There is a BB size chart under each item's pic when you get to the full item description page

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the $800 longwings are made by Alden
devil.gif

(I like it, though. Unfortunately, I can only afford the OCBD's)

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
The shawl-collar cashmere sweater is nice too.

The sweaters look okay, and are somewhat reasonably priced relative to everything else, but that loop thing would annoy the hell out of me.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
There is a BB size chart under each item's pic when you get to the full item description page

I see it now. Thanks (duh).

southgate house

Reaction score
the shoes are made in the USA. wonder who does them.

my favorite is the khaki macintosh with the plaid cashmere lining.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
but pricing is absolutely ridiculous

The cotton twill trousers that one model is wearing are $800.
eek.gif

dave

Reaction score
I think it all looks pretty great. too bad the astronomical pricing pretty much rules me out save for the shirts.

until it goes on sale that is.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads