• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Who at half time.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the key to agin musicians staying relevant is not having been cool in the first place.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I saw their 1989 reunion tour. They already sucked back then, and I am a big Who fan.

Originally Posted by iammatt
I've only seen Dylan twice. Once he was great, and the other time I am not sure because he was with Carlos Santana at Hollywood Bowl, and Santana was so good that it overshadowed everything.

I must have seen Neil Young twenty times, from tiny clubs to medium sized arenas, and he has never been anything but awesome. He really puts on a good show, and seems to judge the audience correctly all the time.

Saw the Who in 1970, small venue, possibly 500 people, maybe less. They closed the show with "I Can See for Miles" and wrecked all the equipment. We went out the back of the building after the show. They were touring by bus and the bus was locked and the driver was no where to be found. We stood around with them for about 30 minutes, they all signed autographs for us. My all time favorite Who song is "Can't Explain". Their music is all over the place, simple rock to very commercial pop.

I appreciate Neil Young more now than earlier. I would see him if he still performs live. Can't say that about too many artists.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
quote of the night:

"who is that old english woman singing?"

- friend's wife

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
That hair was terrible.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
so? do i have to be a fan of Who if i am thirty something? we're all different

You don't have to be a fan, it's that you stated you didn't know who they were.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
When I saw Dylan last summer I walked away from the show a bit disappointed. But on reflection, it was a very good show, and I realized that he is still a master of phrasing (if not a master of vocal power/prowess).

I've seen Neil 3 or 4 times and he was excellent for all. The best was the 2006 or 2007 CSNY tour. They played "Let's Impeach the President" and everyone went nuts.

Meh. I like CSN (although they're another band that was already on the downhill side of their career by the time I saw them in the 80's), but I think Young's much better without them. His individualism and iconoclasm are what make him interesting.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^That's an interesting observation. I always thought CSN was good because of the awesome harmonies they produce; nothing particularly spellbinding about their lyrics. Young, on the other hand, is often a little hard to listen to, but I always enjoyed what he had to say in his songs.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i didnt know who they were.

Than it is what it is.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really liked The Who so I may be biased, but their performance was awful.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
We were taking the over/under that Daltrey would collapse on stage and Pete Townshend would have to stab the plug from his guitar into Roger's chest and windmill him back to life.
windmill-1.gif

It was really like watching a man flirt with the cold specter of death on stage.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I found it a slow start but generally pretty entertaining. Daltrey's vocals are probably finished though.

The lighting effects were spectacular I thought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads