• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
@faue have you tried nasal douching? i've struggled with sinistus for like 10 years, got three cases back to back last month traveling and got real aggressive on treating it. i douche 2x a day now and it's been life changing. gotta boil the water and use saline solution to kill germs. you also must refer to it as "nasal douching" to disturb everyone in your life.

Personally, I found the neti pot to be pretty useless. They even tell you in the little booklet that in their opinion, it's not particularly effective, at least compared to their other products. And it didn't take long to go through all the packets it came with. I've been going through the same thing faue has been going through for the past two weeks. I've blown my nose at least 400 times. I thought of getting more packets, but they're like $30. I've also used the squeeze bottle, and found that to be a little more effective, but overall, I'm not sure nasal douching works for me.

Although I am curious about trying this thing.

858492004224_2.jpg

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I found the neti pot to be pretty useless. They even tell you in the little booklet that in their opinion, it's not particularly effective, at least compared to their other products. And it didn't take long to go through all the packets it came with. I've been going through the same thing faue has been going through for the past two weeks. I've blown my nose at least 400 times. I thought of getting more packets, but they're like $30. I've also used the squeeze bottle, and found that to be a little more effective, but overall, I'm not sure nasal douching works for me.

858492004224_2.jpg

I bought my dad one of those. It seemed to help his allergies. That thing is intense. It feels like you're getting waterboarded. And you have to buy the salt pods. I tried showing my dad how to make the saline solution but he said it didn't feel the same as the pods. It really gets gunk out.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

858492004224_2.jpg

What was it? The image is broken. I make my own saline once I ran out of the packets, just 1 tbsp of salt (zero caking anti caking, zero iodine) and 1tbsp baking soda (you can also add sugar to the mixture to make it less harsh). Then after netty potty I follow up with my nasal spray, claratine tablet, and some nasal moisturizer lol. It's involved and a process, but I'm on the other side of the world getting exposed to new allergens I'm not use to. I was getting sick every 4 days and so far I've made it a month without getting sick..

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome!

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you should use your sewing skills to start tailoring your clothing. I notice your sleeves often look way too long.

it’s an unstructured shirt jacket so I don’t think it needs it and when I raise my arm, the cuffs stop at the wrist

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The Victorys are great- super comfortable. The veg tan is a little hard to keep clean, as expected. I might give them a gentle clean with some saddle soap soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads