• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
X post from 18 East thread

Attachments

• A558C65E-D54E-47C9-AAF5-28CAC563F5FD.jpeg
    A558C65E-D54E-47C9-AAF5-28CAC563F5FD.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 73

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1216047
Tender Co - RRL - APC - Vans

Been digging your tender co fits lately, wondering if you (or others) have sizing (and/or part. pieces) recs on shirts/pullovers/tees? For ref, I'm 5'7" about 160, so not long & lean like you (wear a L in PF, but mostly for shoulders & chest, still long thru body and slvs). thx

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been digging your tender co fits lately, wondering if you (or others) have sizing (and/or part. pieces) recs on shirts/pullovers/tees? For ref, I'm 5'7" about 160, so not long & lean like you (wear a L in PF, but mostly for shoulders & chest, still long thru body and slvs). thx

Are you going to order from Tender direct? Just email William. He’s super helpful and quick to respond.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AJL i just sat down and measured two of my Tender button up shirts. the stuff from the brand i've seen runs big, but how big appears to vary. with how big these are, any shrinkage has not been noticeable. not sure if shrinkage will differ between shirt materials/dyes, or about tee sizing. with these measurements, i'm surprised to see such variance between types, but i hope this helps point you in some direction. i usually take a small in most brands.

420 tail shirt, size 2, cotton calender cloth
pit to pit 25 1/2
shoulder to shoulder 22
sleeve 21 1/4
rear length from bottom of collar 28 1/2
front length 23 1/2
body width 24

430 butterfly shirt size 2, crock cloth:
pit to pit 22 1/2
shoulder to shoulder 17 1/2
sleeve 26 1/2
rear length from boc 30 1/2
front length 27 1/4
body width 22 1/4

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to order from Tender direct? Just email William. He’s super helpful and quick to respond.

That was my plan, FC. Thx!

@AJL i just sat down and measured two of my Tender button up shirts. the stuff from the brand i've seen runs big, but how big appears to vary. with how big these are, any shrinkage has not been noticeable. not sure if shrinkage will differ between shirt materials/dyes, or about tee sizing. with these measurements, i'm surprised to see such variance between types, but i hope this helps point you in some direction. i usually take a small in most brands.

420 tail shirt, size 2, cotton calender cloth
pit to pit 25 1/2
shoulder to shoulder 22
sleeve 21 1/4
rear length from bottom of collar 28 1/2
front length 23 1/2
body width 24

430 butterfly shirt size 2, crock cloth:
pit to pit 22 1/2
shoulder to shoulder 17 1/2
sleeve 26 1/2
rear length from boc 30 1/2
front length 27 1/4
body width 22 1/4

Wow, quite a bit of variation between the 2 styles, obviously they're intended to fit differently (but you're happy w/ both?)

Based on your measures, the size 2 420 tail shirt would fit me, and then some, and even the 430 in size 2 looks doable, at least on paper. hmmm...gotta go back and study your fits a bit more. thx for info!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AJL happy with both, yeah. The 420 is my fav: The short front on it makes it look a little more purposeful. And the placement of pockets is imo better.

Reactions: AJL

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ghdvfddzgzdzg yeah, the 420 is def on my radar, and the short front makes it that much better for me (short guy). Great input, thx

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only a few days left everyone! Check out the fits and post your own:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads