• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
762DDB7F-11F5-4C51-9324-4C32BDC72C23.jpeg

Balenciaga shirt
UO pants
JW Anderson x Converse sneakers
Loewe bag

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m in the minority here, so I dunno. But It just looks super sloppy and not in any kind of good way. And without the jacket it looks incredibly unbalanced.

Shirt is too slim and structured for the loose pants. Maybe undoing one more button would help. The Cuff is bad. Cuff + shoe interface is bad(der).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm kinda with you - I'd probably wear that with a t-shirt, and let the pants hang a little longer. I do like the slouchy jacket.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the problem is that baggy pants look incredibly stupid cuffed like that. dadcore also has that problem.

hem your pants, or wear them with sloppy looking breaks. latter is probably better, and in the spirit of the design itself. i never understand when people pay top dollar for designer **** then can't be bother to pay $20 to get them hemmed.

faue

Reaction score
I’m sure I’m in the minority here, so I dunno. But It just looks super sloppy and not in any kind of good way. And without the jacket it looks incredibly unbalanced.

Shirt is too slim and structured for the loose pants. Maybe undoing one more button would help. The Cuff is bad. Cuff + shoe interface is bad(der).

I appreciate the candid feedback. You may very well be in the majority. Cuffs I assume will always be somewhat polarizing, but I liked them here (and the echo between the sleeve and pant cuffs). You can chalk that up as an affectation I’ve picked up from hanging out on one too many internet fashion forums.

As far as the shirt goes, I’m of two minds. I think you’re right in saying it’s a little too slim and making it look unbalanced, but I’m not sure what you mean by calling it structured. Can linen really ever be structured? To my eyes, it’s quite breezy.

In any event, I definitely should have unbuttoned the second button.

I'm kinda with you - I'd probably wear that with a t-shirt, and let the pants hang a little longer. I do like the slouchy jacket.

Thanks. T shirt might work but I’ve been having trouble getting one to work with this jacket.

the problem is that baggy pants look incredibly stupid cuffed like that. dadcore also has that problem.

hem your pants, or wear them with sloppy looking breaks. latter is probably better, and in the spirit of the design itself. i never understand when people pay top dollar for designer **** then can't be bother to pay $20 to get them hemmed.

I like the look of it. If anything, I’d have the cuffs sewn in. And while I do like pooling sometimes, it doesn’t work well with the slippers, they get swallowed up.

Last edited:

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my favorite waywt thread poster is the bad fit defensive backpedaling guy, been a while since we had a good one!

faue

Reaction score
my favorite waywt thread poster is the bad fit defensive backpedaling guy, been a while since we had a good one!
I don’t think anything I’ve said has come off as defensive or backpedaling. You’re a self-proclaimed forum troll, so I don’t really see the point in trying to meaningfully engage with you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads