• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chiropractor/haircut day at work.

Geller/GelllerxLululemon/CP

D0A07347-4ABA-49FE-90E4-CC8A88BD48B4.jpeg

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in as someone who does powerlifting with big thighs and calves and somewhat built torso.
What looks most balanced on me is a medium-high rise, regular to relaxed thigh with slight taper to around 8" hem with no break (but not too cropped) and pressed in crease down the front. The crease is important since it pulls the fabric to stand out in the front and back so although there is space in legs they visually appear slimmer from the front. I am tall so I can have a 2-2.5" cuff to balance my shoulder width. As far as designers go, I've found DvN to work for me.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yea, crease is really important.

I've personally found myself shifting to much more of a looser/classic fit for suiting, its so much more comfortable

here's a ****** picture of a much wider leg (8.5" hem) on me:

dope new spier mackay minnis fresco suit, nice and loose for the summer, will be worn with braces.

IMG_0499.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

happyriverz

Reaction score
yea, crease is really important.

I've personally found myself shifting to much more of a looser/classic fit for suiting, its so much more comfortable

here's a ****** picture of a much wider leg (8.5" hem) on me:

dope new spier mackay minnis fresco suit, nice and loose for the summer, will be worn with braces.

View attachment 1183871

View attachment 1183870

I just received this suit today in 38S (in the contemporary cut) but the hem opening is so narrow (7.5). What size are you wearing in that picture? Looks much more balanced that mine.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
44. I sized based on shoulder/thigh and had the waist taken in. It upset the back pocket balance a little, but for $500 I’m very happy

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like how it looks open

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Benesyed It's more comfortable and wearable than I had anticipated. That said it has a quality similar to many Rick/Avant-garde leathers that I don't love the look of.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Benesyed It's more comfortable and wearable than I had anticipated. That said I do agree the jacket is similar many Rick/Avant-garde leathers that I don't love the look of.

I just don't like floppy necks. I like the Rick leather look actually. I think the intarsia is my all time fav jacket cut. But I have the mollino and other high neck leathers because they flop.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Valstar/MMMx2/SLP

ETA: better mirror

D9FA38FF-0FF0-4684-860E-E26410D54DE8.jpeg

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks good. What does the collar look like when down? I haven't seen anyone wear it that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads