• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If same shoes I would go no show socks (my general preference for these type of loafers) or something neutral like grey for white trousers, but if darker trousers would go with darker socks

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this was from a little while ago... don't think i ever shared it here
9h99iqY.jpg

Deets
Rick Owens calf intarsia
Lemaire light sweater
ZAm Barett heavy linen j-pants
Carol Christian Poell Horse Color 19 tornados

7GagQHc.jpg

7vTWy5t.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to Kapital today...

kapsun.jpg

Kapital x2, Birks

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
rsz_fullsizerender_4.jpg

rsz_fullsizerender_2-2.jpg
rsz_fullsizerender_3.jpg

Maison Martin Margiela - Virgin Wool Suit - S/S04 Artisanal Painted Vest (Made of 2 Vests, Doesn't Close) - Replica 70's Argentina Sidezips

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_199.jpeg

BBJ sashiko
Lucky Linen
Japan Blue
Vans

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BBJ sashiko
Lucky Linen
Japan Blue
Vans
Great looking jacket, and it looks decently sized. I always have a problem with BBJ in that some 4's fit perfectly and others are tiny (to be fair it's not just BBJ it's Japanese brands in general).

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great looking jacket, and it looks decently sized. I always have a problem with BBJ in that some 4's fit perfectly and others are tiny (to be fair it's not just BBJ it's Japanese brands in general).
I agree .
I 've been wanting one of their sashiko jackets for awhile but i'm a pretty big guy, 6' 200 lbs. Their stuff didn't even come close and lo and behold I got an email ad from Blue Owl Workshop for this jacket in spot on my size. Maybe they realized that they are losing out on a big market putting out an XL with a 42" chest.
Its a a really nice piece almost as light as a heavy shirt but strong feeling with the sashiko.It's cut so that the collar will lay flat and forms lapels allowing it to be styled as a casual sports jacket.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BBJ sashiko
Lucky Linen
Japan Blue
Vans

I was assuming that "where the palm tree meets the pine" was Santa Cruz, but I see it's a link to some place in the Central Valley? I assume there aren't a lot of BBJ Sashiko jackets in your neck of the woods.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was assuming that "where the palm tree meets the pine" was Santa Cruz, but I see it's a link to some place in the Central Valley? I assume there aren't a lot of BBJ Sashiko jackets in your neck of the woods.
I live in Santa Cruz but I purchased the jacket online from Blue Owl Workshop which is in Seattle.If you want a desert for mens clothes other than surfwear Santa Cruz is the place. Its up to the city or online for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads