• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@chickenfark a little too strong a color contrast for me. Speaking from experience. Have a pair of what are midbrown suede shoes that have enough red in them that they can really stand out unintentionally.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Today''s WAYWT contribution was taken inside Lord & Taylor's fitting room
Rolling Stones tie dye tee
Gap camo cargos
Birkenstock sandals

chickenfark

Reaction score
@chickenfark a little too strong a color contrast for me. Speaking from experience. Have a pair of what are midbrown suede shoes that have enough red in them that they can really stand out unintentionally.

Think something like some black calf chelseas would have worked better? I also have some loden suede jodhs that I think would have worked nicely as well. Thanks for the feedback!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think something like some black calf chelseas would have worked better? I also have some loden suede jodhs that I think would have worked nicely as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Probably the loden would have worked better. It's not so much the lightness/brightness of the color of the shoes, as the red tones present.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something different for me I think. For some reason I was not as comfortable wearing this as I would have wanted. Could be the OTC socks that I am still trying to get use to (pants get caught around the back knee). Also, felt a little out of place being that I typically wear tucked shirts only in the office space. Largely inspired by Eidos, Eidos shirt, Lemaire pants, Christian Kimber loafers. I also have two other pair of Lemaire pants, white and cream, which I think may look better with the shirt. Overall, quite pleased with a proper spring and summer outfit (that I otherwise would be wearing gym shirts and AA tees all day). Courtesy of iPhone propped up by a camera stand (camera is dead I think :()

Edited 1.jpg

Small detail
IMG-1194.JPG

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday.

y3.jpg

Continuing to experiment with 'sportswear'.

All Y3

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday.

View attachment 843624

Continuing to experiment with 'sportswear'.

All Y3
I like a lot of your fits MOK, but this sportswear fit doesn't feel like it has as much attention to detail or the boldness I'm accustomed to seeing from you.

My 2c- I feel like the top would look a lot better open with a white or light grey layer underneath. I'm also not a huge fan of the pant/ shoe transition but maybe it's the angle of the pic. I feel like pulling the pants over the tongue would look cleaner in this case.

Anyways, congrats on trying something new and good luck with it!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of your fits MOK, but this sportswear fit doesn't feel like it has as much attention to detail or the boldness I'm accustomed to seeing from you.

My 2c- I feel like the top would look a lot better open with a white or light grey layer underneath. I'm also not a huge fan of the pant/ shoe transition but maybe it's the angle of the pic. I feel like pulling the pants over the tongue would look cleaner in this case.

Anyways, congrats on trying something new and good luck with it!

Thanks - I think you're right on the the pants/tongue. First time I've worn the Noci's and made a hash of the lacing too...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads