• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Isn't suede a summery thing?

Suede breathes much better than waxed calf, and at least in the UK is a classic material for summer shoes - think Clark's Desert Boots or suede loafers.

mmmhmm, even though they don't get too hot they do look like they would. Been meaning to get a pair of summer dress shoes and I wear a lot of seersucker & other light colored pants, any suggestions?

Lots of summer shoes are suede, but they tend to be unlined suede. I assume those boots are leather lined? Alden makes unlined suede chukkas and loafers. Clarks are unlined. There are all kinds of suede summer shoes - I just don't think those boots are in that category. They still look good to me, especially in that lighter color, but something lower ankled and unlined makes more sense with that outfit.

Auximenes

Reaction score
DSC_00182_zps237be3e2.jpg

DSC_00272min_zps77b41f92.jpg

InAisce waxed Pilgrim coat
JE silk tee
Zamb
Inaisce x Layer 0 cordovan derbies

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mmmhmm, even though they don't get too hot they do look like they would. Been meaning to get a pair of summer dress shoes and I wear a lot of seersucker & other light colored pants, any suggestions?

I think white suede bucks would have looked better in that fit, or even spectators.

The suede looks off because of the texture. Nothing else has any (other than maybe your bag).

Looks great though!

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does that parking lot never have any cars?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not for cars-- they rent it out to men looking to take gothy waywt pics for internet message boards

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One day the collective posters of this thread will set aside their petty differences and embark on the quest for the ultimate WAYWT wall. Some will give up, some will be lost to us forever, but some will overcome the insurmountable odds and claim their prize––thumbs the likes of which even Parker and svb have never claimed.

waywt wall quest 2014

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea...

Saint James
Han Kjobenhavn
Saint James (not vis)
Garbstore
DM

Last edited:

shootspeed

Reaction score

xpost from challenge.

zam
siki im
silent
siki im
vans

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
spacepope's challenge should have been called

dress like me and win a prize

ghostface

Reaction score
@PinkPantser-- really like the top half. don't love the seersucker pants with it, but i know you like to incorporate a little dissonance. i think the top half would look great with something like dark blue linen pants and some white slip-ons.

@Auximenes-- the lower leg silhouette is kind of killing the overall vibe there. i also have a couple of pairs of zam's j pants and wear them very rarely because, despite their great texture, what they tend to do below the knee drives me crazy.

@ManofKent-- showing that the best wall may be the wall of sky...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads