• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ATG, bottom half is great. I dont think ma+ suits your build very well though. You are rather top heavy physically and slim below. That ma+ is also a size too small for you

What if I were to tell you I still have another 10-15 pounds to drop?

I was 230 now I'm 170 and my goal is 155-160.

Kind of like the jacket a lot but I do hear you.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only part that looks a bit too small about the jacket is the chest, and from personal experience that does go down if you drop 10lbs. The rest looks good (sleeves are still kind of long, but that's ma+), so you should keep, at least until you're stable weight.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
140523_zps55d8f2fb.jpg

suitsupply jacket, ervell shirt, bbbf pants, carmina boots

140523A_zpsd209dce0.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

It should fit you perfectly if you get down to 155. gogogo

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

140523_zps55d8f2fb.jpg

suitsupply jacket, ervell shirt, bbbf pants, carmina boots

140523A_zpsd209dce0.jpg

I wish there were a feature on SF where when a member from a list that I create posts a fit they automatically get a thumb from me. I think the list would look something like: Berlin Report, PP, TTO, and Parker.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That pp fit looks pretty good but suede chelseas seem like an odd match for linen and seersucker. Sweaty feets.

djt00

Reaction score

good job and nice stuff you've got. i like the fit too.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That pp fit looks pretty good but suede chelseas seem like an odd match for linen and seersucker. Sweaty feets.

Suede breathes much better than waxed calf, and at least in the UK is a classic material for summer shoes - think Clark's Desert Boots or suede loafers.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mmmhmm, even though they don't get too hot they do look like they would. Been meaning to get a pair of summer dress shoes and I wear a lot of seersucker & other light colored pants, any suggestions?

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs and the positive and constructive comments, guys.

I know it sounds corny but SF has really helped this old clothes horse begin to get his act together. I never thought in a million years that these types of pieces would end up in my wardrobe. When I started posting I really thought that because I had some recognizable name brand pieces that I could put on whatever and it would just . . . work. Silly. Just silly and presumptive. And I soon learned that I wasn't fooling anybody except for myself.

It's one fit out of many but I think, over the last couple of months, I have definitely learned what *doesn't* work on me ;) as well as discovering a whole new world of makers whose stores don't exactly make it to the duty-free area of every major airport. It was and continues to be a huge eye-opener and something which takes patience, trust and many of your comments and critiques to discover.

So thanks again. I'll keep cleaning my closet out of stuff that I bought because it looked good on the model (or was on sale) and make room for some pieces that make sense, have some longevity and works on *me*. And I'm more than a little certain you'll tell me when it doesn't. ;)

Cheers, gang.

-ATG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads