• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's snowing here in Ontario already... some colour on an overcast, grey day.
View attachment 1712592
Coat: Conference of Birds
Vest: KRM
Lined flannel shirt: Kaptain Sunshine
Pants: Blue Blue Japan
Boots: Moma
+ knit hat (in hand): 45R

A lot of good pieces here, though I feel the fit of the coat, along with some of the details, gives it a bit of a historical re-enactment vibe. Wish it had some of that Frank Leder big coat energy instead. And throwing some thicker soles onto those Momas (and untucking your pants from them) would help the boots better balance out heavy coats, layers, etc.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embrace teh big fit. Yeehaw! ?

Point Blur_Dec032021_130305.jpg

Last edited:

MeatFish

Reaction score
Same feelings. I think the mix in formality can work, this is a p classic example of working camo pants into tailoring.
4F12A06B-8EEE-42DA-9160-C092ACBAD218.png
I think the problem is how the formality is bisected at the waist instead of blended in.

Last edited:

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Same feelings. I think the mix in formality can work, this is a p classic example of working camo pants into tailoring.
I think the problem is how the formality is bisected at the waist instead of blended in.

Appreciate the feedback and @mmmargeologist. I think I was more focused on the the pattern/color blending/matching and I didn't think about the stark contrasts in formalities. My eyes were here ? and I only saw pattern/colors.

20211203_122330.jpg

Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Welp, if you do decide you like the fit, consider submitting to the Friday Layering Challenge, which is extended through the weekend. I'm surprised you haven't submitted one to this point, actually.

I'll see bro. It's tough to get "challenge level" layering fits here in SoCal. I envision a fit that includes a nice flowy coat as a top layer will get the most votes. I don't own a coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads