• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Steely Dan’s so old, they probably exited the loop and are poised to be cool again.

I work around high schoolers. The “old albums” (actually CDs :( ) they discover out in the garage are from bands like Tool and Rage Against the Machine. They’re actually pretty good, Mr. Noob, have you heard of them?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7BCF6D10-C1C0-4B4C-88FB-D778EE8181B6.jpeg
3371484C-DE07-4394-9BCE-089D60DB2791.jpeg

Best Made
APC
Norse
Vans

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steely Dan’s so old, they probably exited the loop and are poised to be cool again.

I work around high schoolers. The “old albums” (actually CDs :( ) they discover out in the garage are from bands like Tool and Rage Against the Machine. They’re actually pretty good, Mr. Noob, have you heard of them?

It’s happening already

endorphinz

Reaction score
I’ve never been a big Steely Dan fan, or Tool or Rage for that matter

There’s a lot of good music around today but you need to seek it out. You won’t find it on a Spotify playlist or on a list of most streamed. Technology has eliminated all barriers to entry which is a double edged sword. It means that anyone can be heard but it also allows those that should never be heard, the avenue to be heard. There are 60,000 songs uploaded to Spotify EVERY DAY, 22 MILLION a year. So much garbage but a few hidden gems too. It takes work to uncover them but it’s worth it.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The other day my 13 YO daughter asked me if I'd ever heard "Paranoid" by some band called Black Sabbath...

It's actually pretty cool that Spotify is letting kids discover 50-year-old music, and that they like it. When I was a kid that would have meant stuff from the 1930s...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads