• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FCAFDC3D-CE8A-40B9-B297-6590CE4A7B91.jpeg

JMM
Real McCoys
Merz
Pure Blue Japan
Whites

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1640625
JMM
Real McCoys
Merz
Pure Blue Japan
Whites

Great new glasses, and the fit of the pants is the best I've seen of yours. Great jacket too, though I recommend you zip it up and, at turns, roll around on some gravel and wheel bearing grease to break it in.

This last one is a tiny nit-pick and totally subjective (as if all the rest of this isn't), but I'd lose the belt and henley and just wear an untucked tee. Again, personal preference, and I struggle to explain why, but maybe it's cause fits where everything is 100% on point old school, tucked in, extra w i d e, and 72 oz weight feel a bit stiff.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From this weekend, but that’s okay:
View attachment 1641183

View attachment 1641184

I need to get a lighter belt (and I've been eyeing one in particular from Yuketen), but the belt I'm wearing has been a daily wear for the past 15 years!

i would have personally gone with a pair of boots here. i'm not exactly sure what kind (maybe like a side zip or a roper?), someone better attuned could suggest something. but i just think the shirt, undershirt, and jeans tell one story (all of which i really like), and the shoes feel a bit incongruous to it.

chhase

Reaction score
i would have personally gone with a pair of boots here. i'm not exactly sure what kind (maybe like a side zip or a roper?), someone better attuned could suggest something. but i just think the shirt, undershirt, and jeans tell one story (all of which i really like), and the shoes feel a bit incongruous to it.
Thanks for the feedback! I can totally see why you suggested a boot, especially a roper with this fit (of course, I'm open to other suggestions too). I only own one pair of boots that would kinda fit that (Eytys Nikita, pictured below). If I owned a pair of loafers, I would maybe try them with this outfit. I ended up going with the wallabees because I thought they would come closest to matching the vintage everything else I'm wearing.

Thanks again for the comment :)

1626726394774.png

endorphinz

Reaction score

I respectfully disagree
I like the Clark’s. They bring a certain harmonious softness to the fit. I think boots would look to structured & stiff.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
totally fair. maybe i just don't like wallabees in general?

One more for team boots here. Something to further underline the overall sleezy look.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads