• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk.. Regis has been on the forum since guys were posting dirty mirror selfies with their iPhone 4. Nowadays it seems like many folks are taking pics with high rez DSLR cameras and posting their 28th take. I appreciate the impromptu and nostalgiac feel I get from Regis.

Dirty mirror selfies taken with iPhones is where it's at! ?

endorphinz

Reaction score
Idk.. Regis has been on the forum since guys were posting dirty mirror selfies with their iPhone 4. Nowadays it seems like many folks are taking pics with high rez DSLR cameras and posting their 28th take. I appreciate the impromptu and nostalgiac feel I get from Regis.
You’re missing the point. I’ve got no problem with dirty mirror selfie fit pics as long as I can see everything put together.
My problem are pics that look like product shots for a catalog and not something that actually shows an “outFIT” which aren’t individual, separated pieces ... my complaint has nothing to do with lack of “nostalgia”

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. I’ve got no problem with dirty mirror selfie fit pics as long as I can see everything put together.
My problem are pics that look like product shots for a catalog and not something that actually shows an “outFIT” which aren’t individual, separated pieces ... my complaint has nothing to do with lack of “nostalgia”
And you're missing my point. Regis has been posting the exact same format for 11 years. People always take pictures from their own perspective of what they want to show. To Regis, he likely thinks his pictures are showing what is most interesting about his outfit, which is often the small details and footwear. You don't have to agree with it, but he never asked you to ?‍♂️

endorphinz

Reaction score
And you're missing my point. Regis has been posting the exact same format for 11 years. People always take pictures from their own perspective of what they want to show. To Regis, he likely thinks his pictures are showing what is most interesting about his outfit, which is often the small details and footwear. You don't have to agree with it, but he never asked you to ?‍♂️

everything you said is fine and true but nobody looking at a separated collage has any real idea of what the whole looks like put together.
My original statement that I can’t appreciate any of his fits still stands because I have no idea what I’m looking at.

You may look for “details” in personal style. I look for a total cohesiveness & vibe.

I’m sure nobody GAF what I look for, especially Regis.

I stated how I feel and will now drop it.

dwiz

Reaction score
C9825427-C527-4FDE-B058-9990EC53634E.jpeg 30BCA684-19B7-4BAA-AA48-D76FC214D249.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there’s a smudge on this mirror.

6ED704FB-FFB8-4D02-8CB4-1E7AD956A089.jpeg
C1B060F4-E376-47DA-BA2F-435A1246A781.jpeg

Bandana: Kapital
T: Warehouse
Shades: JMM
Shirt: Wallace & Barnes
Belt: Farnese
Jeans: Real McCoy’s
Shoes: Barbanera
Dopp: Armoury x Frank Clegg

I was wearing Alden #8 loagers earlier but my dogs were barkin’.

betterusername

Reaction score
Went from cool to warm lighting in a matter of moments. Clouds, I tell ya ...

whiteweddingcool.jpg whiteweddingwarm.jpg

@Zamb embroidered linen /wedding\ shirt, floral embroidered linen mask, ribbed tank
18 East ripstop double-knees
Marsell [_?_] leather desert boots
Guidi bison belt
Victor Osborne linen & suede cap

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went from cool to warm lighting in a matter of moments. Clouds, I tell ya ...

View attachment 1623874 View attachment 1623873

@Zamb embroidered linen /wedding\ shirt, floral embroidered linen mask, ribbed tank
18 East ripstop double-knees
Marsell [_?_] leather desert boots
Guidi bison belt
Victor Osborne linen & suede cap

Those Marsells would be so good with a chunky white commando sole (or even a black sole if they also get a black midsole). Kind of like certain Guidi white boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics