• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love me some boring wears tbh
You should get this Tom Ford dinner jacket:

1623433349737.png

jaaz16

Reaction score
Keep. Look good with both pants, especially the lighter/worn-in denim. Are they the bourbon suede?

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I alone with feeling that the "standard quirks" of Regis Margiela denim shirt are terrible?

If you disregard the brand name, you have a denim shirt with a boring wash and some very convoluted, watered-down trompe l'oeil "design" elements
The question kind of misses the point of why I enjoy @RegisDB9 fits. The tension between, one the one hand, inveterately cosplaying Tony Montana and Miami Vice, and on the other hand, almost complete loyalty to a totally unexpected brand for that type of look—Margiela—is what makes it fun to follow along. That any individual piece seems uninteresting to me is beside the point, especially given how much he seems to be into the tiny details and quirks that exemplify the brand.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebowski - fit looks great above, and really liking those pants and shoes. You've nailed the effortlessly dressy look that seems to be the transition point these days. I'd probably have gone with a slim button down dress shirt with that ensemble but the sheer sweater works fine too and simple for the weekend.

endorphinz

Reaction score
The question kind of misses the point of why I enjoy @RegisDB9 fits. The tension between, one the one hand, inveterately cosplaying Tony Montana and Miami Vice, and on the other hand, almost complete loyalty to a totally unexpected brand for that type of look—Margiela—is what makes it fun to follow along. That any individual piece seems uninteresting to me is beside the point, especially given how much he seems to be into the tiny details and quirks that exemplify the brand.

I can never appreciate any of his fits because I have no idea what the gestalt looks like. Close ups of the top, bottom and feet without a full body shot doesn’t convey anything to me. It’s impossible to get the vibe of the fit.
I honestly don’t understand how just about everybody that chooses to post fits on this forum manages to include some sort of “complete” body shot (in varying degrees of quality) and yet someone who obviously loves style,and spends a great deal of $$ on it, is unwilling or incapable of doing so.
I know I’m kind of the black sheep around these parts but I honestly don’t get it. It’s just seems really strange.... and I’m not trying to be a douche.
It would be nice to see how all these “artisanal detailed” pieces work together to form a cohesive look.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
endorphinz really love you blue fit above from Friday - and this is coming from a skinny-jeans, SL guy! ha.

what shoes are you rocking there?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can never appreciate any of his fits because I have no idea what the gestalt looks like. Close ups of the top, bottom and feet without a full body shot doesn’t convey anything to me. It’s impossible to get the vibe of the fit.
I honestly don’t understand how just about everybody that chooses to post fits on this forum manages to include some sort of “complete” body shot (in varying degrees of quality) and yet someone who obviously loves style,and spends a great deal of $$ on it, is unwilling or incapable of doing so.
I know I’m kind of the black sheep around these parts but I honestly don’t get it. It’s just seems really strange.... and I’m not trying to be a douche.
It would be nice to see how all these “artisanal detailed” pieces work together to form a cohesive look.
I feel the same way, Regis has an incredible collection and I want to see what it really looks like, dammit…

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Idk.. Regis has been on the forum since guys were posting dirty mirror selfies with their iPhone 4. Nowadays it seems like many folks are taking pics with high rez DSLR cameras and posting their 28th take. I appreciate the impromptu and nostalgiac feel I get from Regis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads