• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind the cropped denim, it will look really good with something like loafers or slip on in the summer months, BUT the chain has to go. It was a good fit other than that.

whenever you think about wearing a turtle neck with a chain, remember this picture
View attachment 1607453
Honestly I was going for an homage to that and also to cause my mother distress at brunch, but I will definitely leave off the chain in the future, and put on some loafers when the weather warms up

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1607902

Took this pic as I was heading in to town this morning. The second I looked at it I knew the hat had to go. Do the the brick red Indy's work not work with the purple jacket either? Advice please.

I think it all looks great, even the hat. Color palate all blends and the Indy's are very nice. If I had any critique I'd probably have opted for either no tee or a v-neck as opposed to the red t.

pekermann

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.

What do you think about this combo? The jacket is houndstooth and the polo is green btw. And sorry about the dusty mirror.

Attachments

• PXL_20210511_110536119~2.jpg
    PXL_20210511_110536119~2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 64

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the pieces individually there, but not as an ensemble. The jacket looks spring/summer to me, especially with the off-white buttons and is a bit long to my taste, but otherwise is definitely cool and great with a more classic white shirt, etc.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ooh man, this is so nice. Would you consider entering this into the Friday hat contest? It's been almost overwhelmingly CM to this point and this is the sorta thing is exactly what I was hoping to get from SWD.

Yeah I really can't do skinny jeans anymore. After wearing those Oni's a lot lately, I hate how my legs look in super slim denim :/

Also, I cropped these too high I think

View attachment 1607403
I know you recently shaved clean from the thin moustache beard thingy, but have you ever considered growing out a fuller beard before? I think it could be a really good look on you. And maybe different glasses if you’re into it. Just my 2c. I think I’ve seen you lurking around the JMM thread.

pekermann

Reaction score
I like the pieces individually there, but not as an ensemble. The jacket looks spring/summer to me, especially with the off-white buttons and is a bit long to my taste, but otherwise is definitely cool and great with a more classic white shirt, etc.

It definitely is a summer jacket. I wanted to avoid the cliche navy/white combo. Any other ways I could achieve that? Maybe lighter shade of pants?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads