• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1620598461427.png

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you round these parts again and happy birthday! It was mine on Saturday, 49 rather than 51 but pretty close. I am so envious of your access to Kyoto cuisine right now. For obvious reasons, we aren't going to be able to have our usual time in Japan this year...
HBD to you. Yeah, Kyoto is pretty rad. I think--after this amazing meal--I'd rather drop the dough we paid on steak but I had to splurge and see for ourselves (this was at a place called Umemura right on the Kamo).

I think everything you loved about Kyoto will still be here save for a couple of ramen shops that I already miss (Ippudo near Teramachi being one of them). Now, all I want for Christmas is a god damned vaccine . . . ?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everything you loved about Kyoto will still be here save for a couple of ramen shops that I already miss (Ippudo near Teramachi being one of them). Now, all I want for Christmas is a god damned vaccine . . . ?

I've certainly seen Umemura in passing, don't think I've been there. There was a little izakaya further down that specializes in leeks that I used to love. Anyway, we get to Kyoto when we can, mainly when we're visiting relatives in Shiga or Osaka. Normally we're in Tokyo when we're in Japan, which is great in its own massive, sprawling way, but you can't beat Kyoto.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We thankfully got to spend time in Tōkyō a few times in the past, but my wife and I moved here in July of 2019 and due to Covid we haven't really made it out of Kansai . . . and we haven't gotten bored at all. So much to do and see in even just a 40 mile radius (between Kobe, Ōsaka and Kyoto).

Okay, back to rad fits. Rock on.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really can't do skinny jeans anymore. After wearing those Oni's a lot lately, I hate how my legs look in super slim denim :/

Also, I cropped these too high I think

View attachment 1607403
I don’t mind the cropped denim, it will look really good with something like loafers or slip on in the summer months, BUT the chain has to go. It was a good fit other than that.

whenever you think about wearing a turtle neck with a chain, remember this picture
1620651124540.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads