• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuffs on skinny pants make you look like the type of guy who tags Fashion Nova on your IG pics.

30EAE190-41C6-490D-A0E4-14C86FAC135C.jpeg
DD8E53BB-303D-4689-B33F-4C1DCFA5DBFC.jpeg
FE74C244-8E3E-408D-9251-C5FA3A1A5FE7.jpeg
950A8AF9-7F90-4F27-B283-71C3F6376746.jpeg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like cuffs on wider pants, for whatever reason I still think break on most pants I wear tend to look sloppy. Some are fine, like cord, but canvas and denim just look awkward with a break. Again, for the pants I wear myself.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim still comes to us in lengths that tend to be longer than the inside leg, especially if you're short like me. So I'm always going to cuff my jeans. I just don't think denim is something that needs to be tailored and babied. I cuff the sleeves on denim jackets too. Sue me.

In conclusion: I like big cuffs and I cannot lie.

cr2596

Reaction score
Denim still comes to us in lengths that tend to be longer than the inside leg, especially if you're short like me. So I'm always going to cuff my jeans. I just don't think denim is something that needs to be tailored and babied. I cuff the sleeves on denim jackets too. Sue me.

In conclusion: I like big cuffs and I cannot lie.
Babied, no, agreed. Tailored, I don’t see the issue at all. Cuffing to avoid tailoring for philosophical reasons seems silly. If that is the aesthetic you enjoy, cool.

Has anyone here seen a man in jeans and thought “he had those jeans tailored” and felt negatively about it?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Babied, no, agreed. Tailored, I don’t see the issue at all. Cuffing to avoid tailoring for philosophical reasons seems silly. If that is the aesthetic you enjoy, cool.

Has anyone here seen a man in jeans and thought “he had those jeans tailored” and felt negatively about it?
Yes! Especially when people try to wear denim like dress pants and have them altered down 1/8”.

cr2596

Reaction score
Just buy pants that fit
No pair of pants that I’ve purchased have ever fit in all aspects. Not a single pair. Hence, my notion of why not tailor jeans? Everything else has to be, I’m not gonna rule out a wardrobe staple like jeans.
Yes! Especially when people try to wear denim like dress pants and have them altered down 1/8”.
Altered down? Mind clarifying?

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pair of pants that I’ve purchased have ever fit in all aspects. Not a single pair. Hence, my notion of why not tailor jeans? Everything else has to be, I’m not gonna rule out a wardrobe staple like jeans.

Altered down? Mind clarifying?
A lot of jeans need hemming so thats fair. I generally stop there though. The cut is half the reason i buy them.

rokor

Reaction score
When looking for skinny jeans before I just went with my D02s I had a lot of trouble finding something that was actually comfortable while still being skinny and feeling like some sort of denim. Then I remembered trying on D02s years ago and they just kinda fit what I was going for. I don't think there's anything similar in terms of cut and material out there atm. That being said I prefer the material of the older ones I tried on. Tons of people tailor their D02s its almost impossible to find an unaltered pair on the secondary market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads