• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20201120_224326.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20201120_181559.jpg

Schneider coat
Coming soon turtleneck
Qasimi pants
Pollini shoes

Last edited:

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I am saying right, that its not a coincidence that you dress in 70s style at the same time as fashion brands are inspired by 70s fashion, regardless if you do it for "following fashion" or "just like it".

Nothing intrinsically wrong with that of course. My observation was that I find it a bit jarring since I associate the elaborate 70s rocker style with people listening to very specific music and drinking beer at specific places at Söder. So, similar to adopting a "punk" style as a consequence of punk references being in fashion.

The 70s are likely here to stay for a couple of seasons until the next thing comes around, right.

I mean, isn't the far more simple and likely answer that I just like 70s style? :laugh:

I've been a fan of heeled boots for a long time, likewise with high waisted trousers and tailoring with strong shoulders and big lapels etc, so I feel like I've subconsciously been drifting towards more and more 70s stuff as time goes on and now that I'm aware of that it has just made it easier to hone in on the clothing and styling best suited for that vibe and my preferences.

I find it a little surprising you have such a hard time seeing the appeal of the 70s (based on your posts both in here and RFT), seeing how womens brands have been on that wave for quite a while now and likewise mens brands are catching up whether it's Gucci/Tom Ford, Lemaire, Ernest W Baker or most recently Whyred taking their clothes in that direction. Add to that some relatively influential and extremely well-dressed people like Ben Cobb and Luke Jefferson and it seems clear that the 70s are here to stay.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I am saying right, that its not a coincidence that you dress in 70s style at the same time as fashion brands are inspired by 70s fashion, regardless if you do it for "following fashion" or "just like it".

Nothing intrinsically wrong with that of course. My observation was that I find it a bit jarring since I associate the elaborate 70s rocker style with people listening to very specific music and drinking beer at specific places at Söder. So, similar to adopting a "punk" style as a consequence of punk references being in fashion.

The 70s are likely here to stay for a couple of seasons until the next thing comes around, right.
surely nothing in sodermalm is authentic except in inverted commas sense

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was into 70's stuff back in the 70's.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1501965

Naissance / PF / Sugar cane / Alden

Your fits would greatly benefit from getting with the vibe of your hair. Less Nordstrom’s and more NMWA, Fujito, Kaptain Sunshine lookbooks. Then it’d be perfect.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
65B86A98-68F8-4079-BF63-B059CA789F80.jpeg

Jil. No vis JMM/Big John/SLP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads