• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rokor

Reaction score
@kindofyoung i am not into your hair but maybe it's actually cool?
@rokor i'm into the much-debated jacket but i think the shoes are too matchy with it
@beepbop oh **** yes
Thanks man. Shoes are indoor shoes, I usually swap out for something similar before leaving, in this case I went with Raf New Runners(which I also didn't like at first). Look pulled, I got a number.

KOY, I think the hair and glasses suit the looks you put together. They might come off as kind of goofy if you weren't pulling looks back and forth.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it odd that the type of look kindofyoung has now used to be specific to a certain type of sub cultural guys really into 70s music (except perhaps the glasses), where everything was thrifted. Its so specific and referential. To me its basically dressing in a heavy metal guy outfit, for fashion.

edit: its of course possible that I come across in a similar way in the eyes of others, so not trying to be an asshole..

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless of whether you're a fan or not I appreciate all the comments hah, I'm still growing it out so it's a bit inbetween atm, but either way seeing this many posts discussing it reminds me of the good old days when I first joined this forum :thumbs-up:

I find it odd that the type of look kindofyoung has now used to be specific to a certain type of sub cultural guys really into 70s music (except perhaps the glasses), where everything was thrifted. Its so specific and referential. To me its basically dressing in a heavy metal guy outfit, for fashion.

edit: its of course possible that I come across in a similar way in the eyes of others, so not trying to be an asshole..

I mean, isn't the far more simple and likely answer that I just like 70s style? :laugh:

I've been a fan of heeled boots for a long time, likewise with high waisted trousers and tailoring with strong shoulders and big lapels etc, so I feel like I've subconsciously been drifting towards more and more 70s stuff as time goes on and now that I'm aware of that it has just made it easier to hone in on the clothing and styling best suited for that vibe and my preferences.

I find it a little surprising you have such a hard time seeing the appeal of the 70s (based on your posts both in here and RFT), seeing how womens brands have been on that wave for quite a while now and likewise mens brands are catching up whether it's Gucci/Tom Ford, Lemaire, Ernest W Baker or most recently Whyred taking their clothes in that direction. Add to that some relatively influential and extremely well-dressed people like Ben Cobb and Luke Jefferson and it seems clear that the 70s are here to stay.

Alexidb

Reaction score
On my way to survey a garden for an upcoming project.
C71C91CC-7DE0-4B24-8BC5-93938C28D4EF.jpeg

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1501050

edit: been debating on whether i want to keep this coat or sell. I've owned it for a year and a half and wear it a decent amount, but it's a little shorter than I'd like. Any thoughts welcome.

Just that I never cared much for Raglan-type coats. Separate sleeves all the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics