• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My maxed out AC uniform lately
1600379885426.png

Margiela / Geller x 2 / Margiela

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I particularly appreciate the shoes over sneakers. :)
@tdes81 docs archie II nearly everyday despite just buying a pair of virgils and some cool dunks. I think most EG fits look better with stuff like this rather than sneakers. I don’t get it mostly

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 docs archie II nearly everyday despite just buying a pair of virgils and some cool dunks. I think most EG fits look better with stuff like this rather than sneakers. I don’t get it mostly

Totally agree on leather shoes/boots with EG over sneakers. I wanna see more of them virgils tho :p

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but that really doesn't work. That suit is way too formal in design to be worn with a T-shirt, and the neckerchief is also silly here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dnYtbic.jpg

Post-Imperial, Cottle and Viberg. Pretty patchy.

Did any one else get one of these shirts? I'm a bit sad it says dry clean only. Wondering if it would be okay to hand wash (i.e., the issue is it being stitched together) or that the dye used wouldn't play well with water...

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
Help me help myself. I don’t like this fit at all, despite loving most of the components (shoes, chinos and jacket). I suspect it’s the jacket. I never loved the fit of it and I’ve put on a couple of lbs so it is a little worse. It doesn’t seem to drape well. Also I suspect it doesn’t mesh with the pants and the shirt. It’s not exactly a formal jacket but a heavier tweed, trucker or chore jacket might be better.

Am I on the right track or am I missing something else?

Attachments

• 8456B93E-6961-4D87-967E-95278897D4EB.jpeg
    8456B93E-6961-4D87-967E-95278897D4EB.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 66

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I particularly appreciate the shoes over sneakers. :)
Same, although I wonder how much he did have to size up to be able to fit them over his Nikes?

Help me help myself. I don’t like this fit at all, despite loving most of the components (shoes, chinos and jacket). I suspect it’s the jacket. I never loved the fit of it and I’ve put on a couple of lbs so it is a little worse. It doesn’t seem to drape well. Also I suspect it doesn’t mesh with the pants and the shirt. It’s not exactly a formal jacket but a heavier tweed, trucker or chore jacket might be better.

Keep the bottom part, wear a button down shirt with a loose sweatshirt over it and maybe add a baseball cap if you feel like it.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i think the the jacket throws it off. i think you either need dressier shirt, pants and shoes, or a more casual top layer like a sweatshirt, sweater, or chore coat.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 I'd go ahead and hand wash (cold of course.) I have two "dry clean only" tees (Post Imperial) and I hand wash those and haven't seen any trouble. The seam might ripple a little bit, and sure you'll probably lose some dye over time, but losing dye is cool.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 I'd go ahead and hand wash (cold of course.) I have two "dry clean only" tees (Post Imperial) and I hand wash those and haven't seen any trouble. The seam might ripple a little bit, and sure you'll probably lose some dye over time, but losing dye is cool.

Nice. Yeah the dye already has a pretty awesome depth of color to it, it's not uniform at all. So I can see that improving things. It's a really cool shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads