• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1591288025086.png

Geller Cossack Shirt / Margiela x 2

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I went on a medication that caused 101 problems, including gaining like 50 pounds in 2 or 3 months. First time in my life I wasn't rail thin. Really didn't feel like myself, none of my stuff fit, and I ruined a couple of my favorite pants squeezing into them. Got about 10 pounds to go before I'll consider things back to normal.

Joytropics

Reaction score
Thanks! I went on a medication that caused 101 problems, including gaining like 50 pounds in 2 or 3 months. First time in my life I wasn't rail thin. Really didn't feel like myself, none of my stuff fit, and I ruined a couple of my favorite pants squeezing into them. Got about 10 pounds to go before I'll consider things back to normal.

Oof that sucks. I've been frustrated over gaining just 15 lbs since quarantine started. It's amazing how slow you lose it and how fast you can gain it.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oof that sucks. I've been frustrated over gaining just 15 lbs since quarantine started. It's amazing how slow you lose it and how fast you can gain it.

One word: Peleton.

We bought one in January before all the crazy started. It has been a great investment.

Joytropics

Reaction score

We bought one in January before all the crazy started. It has been a great investment.

I've never been able to get into stationary biking, but I'll probably get a Concept 2 rower when I move this year. I think I need that whole body movement to stay focused/engaged.

I was spoiled by having easy access to a rower in my apartment building gym, but they shut all that down with the quarantine.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My solution is before I eat something I ask myself if this thing is fun to eat, If the answer is yes I do not eat this thing. Slightly joking. Also stopped drinking.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been able to get into stationary biking, but I'll probably get a Concept 2 rower when I move this year. I think I need that whole body movement to stay focused/engaged.

I was spoiled by having easy access to a rower in my apartment building gym, but they shut all that down with the quarantine.

Yes! I want a rower. Excellent full body workout and cardio.

There are lots of stationary bikes but Peleton in on a different level due to their classes and instructors. You can get a membership on their app for $10 a month and they have cardio classes, running classes and trainers, live classes, weight classes etc. My wife is pregnant enough that she has not been cycling but she is doing a dull fitness program with them that involves weights, stretching, and floor exercises.

Joytropics

Reaction score
My solution is before I eat something I ask myself if this thing is fun to eat, If the answer is yes I do not eat this thing. Slightly joking. Also stopped drinking.

I respond pretty well to keto so I just have to get back to sub 50 grams of carbs a day. I have no willpower when it comes to portion control, ha, so I get strict on macronutirents instead.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm down about 25 lbs. since I got mine at the end of February. I was 185 lbs. give or take a couple pounds from 1991-2018. In 2019 I put on about 15 lbs. and found myself around 200 lbs. at the start of the year. This week I've been right at 175 lbs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads