• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score
whenever I see 100+ new posts in this thread I am always prepared for a trap.

At this point I've come to assume that it means that there's a bunch of blocked garbage (read: Mr. Moo) with the occasional fit mixed in that most people are ignoring anyway because they're too caught up in yet another shitshow.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like it better with gats (obvs)

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hair looks cool, that cardigan is the best one you have, no idea why you keep wearing t-shirts that short, pants are nice and lastly, Docs look better than GATs (though I don't mind the GATs much in this fit, looks fine too)

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The problem with those gats is the gum sole looks terrible with the black. You should paint them.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually button the cardigan and I hate it when the tee pokes out

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In re. the Gray caridgan. I think it is a little bit of a challenging fit, yes.

It's a very chunky knit, but also a trim and short cut. Seems as if chunky and oversized more frequently go together. I discussed getting the next size up with Greg at NMWA, our friendly Gray stockist, but he recommended against it, which I think was sound advice.

I do like it, so I will try to post a few photos buttoned differently and also worn open. It may ultimately not be the most flattering fit for me. But it sure is cozy.

I think it could use a little more length. If you agree, I would recommend stretching the length a little. You simply need to soak it fully in cold water. Then put it on a surface/table, laying flat and buttoned. With your hands/palms, gently stretch the knit all along the length of the cardigan front and back (and sleeves if you'd like). Go easy because you could stretch it quite a bit doing that. Then let it dry flat. I do that on a regular basis. That's the magic of wool knits.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both trousers look nice, what are they?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the grey trousers NMWA had from this season (the SS)?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it could use a little more length. If you agree, I would recommend stretching the length a little. You simply need to soak it fully in cold water. Then put it on a surface/table, laying flat and buttoned. With your hands/palms, gently stretch the knit all along the length of the cardigan front and back (and sleeves if you'd like). Go easy because you could stretch it quite a bit doing that. Then let it dry flat. I do that on a regular basis. That's the magic of wool knits.
I'd add that you have to be careful to pull downwards only. Otherwise, you can easily get some "bell" at the hem, which is something that very few people want.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads