Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Some awesome stuff going on in here

Nice bag Spope

2. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Moo fit would be better with different jeans. The color on those don't work with your lanvin shoes .

@VitaTimH your fits are so much better with fuller trousers. Those skinny soloist trousers bring it down a notch or two previously.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

3. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Regis looks awesome in those clothes

And also without clothes. Me jelly.

Edit: Also, that fit got me the most thumbs I ever had. Including from many people that I genuinely like. I can die happy now

4. colabear

colabear Senior member

It's comme from early 2000s when they were generously cut. Nowadays, their XL only fits my tigh

bottle green is vers, it can be preppy or punk

5. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

Thanks, much appreciated! I give all credit to @ghostface.

I like the slim joggers enough to not want to give up on them though. the silhouette is really quite unique, I've just figured out that layering up top creates too much visual bulk when combined with the taper. I'd wear these the whole summer if they weren't so warm.

6. colabear

colabear Senior member

[​IMG]
    RRL leather jacket
    Jcrew plaid sweater
    Gap jeans
    Timberland deck boots

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Cola, whatever you did last fit, that was good. This looks closer to your 'usual' ways...

those jeans are just bad bad bad, sorry mang

but basically it's all over the place... you've got a leather that's baggy, a horizontal stripe sweater (makes you look 'wider' duh, though not actually all that ugly), terrible light washed summer jeans, and boots which maybe are ok but look stubby since your jeans are puddling over them.

ditch the jeans for sure, rework the sweater and boots. Jacket may or may not be salvageable.

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

:slayer:

9. colabear

colabear Senior member

Thanks for the input. Yes, jeans from the previous fit is more flattering since it's a slim fit compare to standard fit I'm wearing today in the lighter wash that I really like. The pic doesn't really show the correct coloring of the wash of the jeans and the leather which is really a brown. The fit of the jacket is quite snug actually and it just appears big because of the way I left it open to show the pattern of the sweater which is a buffalo plaid pattern
    [​IMG]
    I'm working on my waist so I can have more options with my pant selection. It's really hard for me to find fashiony pants since I'm a 40 waist.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I asked a similar question when @The Noodles posted his suit yesterday, questioning the way the pants hang around the shin and ankle. I think it presents a similar case to Synthese's point. I am curious whether Noodles hemmed his pants thereby shortening the inseam would the pant fall much straighter. (My question didn't gain much traction but Noodles did say he was considering tapering and shortening the leg, which I agree with the latter but I think the width of the leg is just fine now.) I see this happening with SVB's pants and I always thought it was a combination of inseam and width i.e. a bit long and too tapered to drape vertically without rumpling. FWIW I see a lot of regulars on the MC side who present a neater, straighter line down the pant leg yet still wear a pretty CBD suit, to Sugarbutch's point. (I don't think shorter would be more fashionable if the purpose was to achieve the look of very clean lines throughout your suit.)

I'll add that I have seen some photos where guys have a quarter break yet their pant leg still sits very straight. Then, is it the pants or just the pose/stance when members are photographing for WAYWT? The other thing you also have to consider is the fabric and weight.

I think @in stitches should give some pointers because his pants are always falling straight and he can wear both CBD or casual, and I am sure his inseam is the same for all pants regardless.

Another way to alleviate this from my experience is asking for military hem ("slanted hem"), which I believe should be the norm for all dress trousers but probably most depends on the alteration tailor you work with. It is where the back of your pant still hangs below the shoe but from the front is angled to achieve a nicer break without puddling. And even fewer can help with a military hem w/ cuff.

11. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

achieving a very slight break is difficult. requires braces for 100% consistency

12. agvs

agvs Senior member

XPost from the EG thread

All EG up top, McNairyxHaven shoes

13. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

I saw (what I think are) the Ghurka pants at Drinkwater's this weekend... they're damn nice

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

v. cool agvs ^

- -
    are we really talking about "slight breaks" and .25" tailoring in sw&D? :-D -- ime fabric quality + fabric weight + good pattern are the factors of perfectly straight-hanging pants (if that's what your'e going for). and they should pretty much do that off the rack. having a tailor try to nip and tuck a pair that doesn't naturally hang straight usually doesn't work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I do like the idea of using braces to achieve optimal break precision.

My braces come with an electric pulley system so my trousers have a full break in the morning and no break at night.