• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha i was waiting to see what you'd do with the blazer kg, that is ridiculously good

edit: junya, or the pieces i've handled, do have a hobo vibe, you just have to be able to carry it off. the fact that he's like, ripped etc probably helps

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the trousers and jacket, I think. But the sweater feels out of place.

@mumma's fit looks good. Very clean and a nice contrast between the structured blazer/jacket and the more relaxed looking shirt and trousers.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha i was waiting to see what you'd do with the blazer kg, that is ridiculously good

edit: junya, or the pieces i've handled, do have a hobo vibe, you just have to be able to carry it off. the fact that he's like, ripped etc probably helps

I really like the way there's the conflict between the clearly involved construction details and the patchwork nature. Yes it's hobo inspired, but so patently designed.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like kgfan's fit but have to agree with Frank about the sweater. With such jacket and pants (which are already rather colorful) the overly colorful screaming sweater is a bit too much, imo.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like kgfan's fit but have to agree with Frank about the sweater. With such jacket and pants (which are already rather colorful) the overly colorful screaming sweater is a bit too much, imo.

For me the sweater makes the fit :fence:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's the red in the sweater that doesn't work for me. I would like it better if it were in the same tone range as the trouser and jackets.

On the other hand, i guess the sweater is just the pound once you're in for the penny.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't think the kgfan fit is very good. The over-the-top patterns and deconstruction might work well on the runway, but looks cartoonish and bummy here, especially when you take into account his normal modus operandi of sleek looking, darker colored fits (which generally work much better).

Yes, but look at that spotless room.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nice fits momma and kg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it but its very niche. Def not what Id call wearable.

I wish there was a full shot though.

I like the sweater as is. Id like to see it with simpler (not not clean black) pants. I think as is is probably ideal.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the criticism of that kg fit is misguided. I get if you wouldn't wear that yourself, or that you'd style it more conservatively, for any number of reasons, but it's hard to say that it's not a coherent look or that he fails to pull it off.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I found a full size photo of the entire outfit. I hope kgfan does not mind me posting it.

219vtig.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
help, guys! kgfan's fit lies outside my dadcore normcore expectations! he must be an asian hobo gangster! but i don't mean AzN HoBo GANGSTA because that would just not be right......... especially because i am the smartest most clever most physically fit... but nobody else seems to realize it :'(

(also that asian hobo actually looks really dope)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads