The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i pretty much always love nicelynice's fits, even when i hate them. he looks like such a person, you know? that's just him

2. Watashidake

Watashidake Senior member

I mean, to each their own, but that's sort of the point of the clothing! I can understand not personally liking how a lot of the stuff fits, and that's fine, but I think tailoring a lot of the stuff heavily would honestly ruin it - Complaining about the fact that a lot of Jan Jan's stuff is quite loose and shapeless is about as pointless as complaining about the fat and sodium content of bacon: People like it in spite, or even because, of that

I think the top block of Abraxis' fit is great, I just think it's the somewhat awkward trouser/shoe interface that brings it down a bit, definitely agree with B!CD that some low footwear would probably work better than the dunks

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Here @Biggskip, I wore green in the evening.

[​IMG]

All MMM with novis anatomical seam black jeans and side zips.

PS, this knit is awesome.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

4. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

We obviously disagree - I think his stuff in lookbooks is some of the best out there, but it always (with ONE exception) looks terrible IRL to me. I don't really think the intention of the design makes much difference - and I don't think the lookbooks make it look boxy at all. People just look frumpy in his stuff, and I don't really think that's anything anyone is aspiring to.

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

There, that's the spirit!

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

CD, nice beard.

Pope, buzz cut looks good. I kinda have wanted to try that but I am scurred.

Regis, great color combo. Very island-ey.

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Sweater buddies! I want to get those docs and have a cobbler install zippers on the inside/back for ease. My cyc wid it impersonation (should have gone with a white v neck tho :) ) [​IMG]

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

I like everything about that.

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Thanks for the feedback... first time wearing all the pieces in the fit including the dunks so will continue to iterate. That JJvE won't work with my bodytype is a pretty large risk I knowingly took before the deep end, but in the end I enjoy wearing the stuff and its comfy so I'll see where I can get with iteration/tweaks :)

The rationale was that the pants maybe skew towards pod shorts and pod shorts + dunks/chunkier boots are a common styling so gave it a shot -- normally pair slimmer/low profile footwear with the longer jjve pants -- will try that with these next time, thanks :)

Not really an excuse, but potentially an explanation -- there was a fair amount of wind on the roof which I think partly explains some of the offness in silhouette vs side profile -- on the front-facing shot with the knit the shorts normally do not drape so straight/wide at the bottom and they drape more like the stationary side shot. Also, as it was commented on sz the t-shirt looks almost inflated, that's definitely partly the wind's fault.

Also, duly noted on the monk posture ;p I think I'm just going to try a different pose every time and see what works eventually. This was a strike though :)

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Concept you feel like you're getting too big to layer chunky stuff like that? I can't layer think stuff or I look like a ninja turtle.

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I was actually thinking this too. We should also just turtle it up until its becomes the visual norm. Then we can tell the skinnies they look weird! :happy:

14. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Being tall certainly helps, but my proportions are def worse for fashion now than they were 20 lbs ago. Shoulders can sometimes look too wide, especially when I am wearing jackets/coats with structured shoulders or chunky stuff like this fit.

I've also noticed that I need to pay more attention to the balance between upper and lower, which usually means wearing bottoms with fuller cuts. The pants in that fit are actually a very generous cut but doesn't look so.

Some cuts just doesn't work at all any longer, for instance shorter rises or slim and cropped pants.

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah i think you're going to have to reevaluate a bit. I had those sane thoughts about your last 2 fits.

Might be tube to revisit the Charlie manifesto!