The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. KongGeorgeVII

KongGeorgeVII Senior member

Nah he takes you out to the back room and drops his trousers to his ankles :smarmy:

edit: And then he shows you his collection of these:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

2. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peir Wu Bomber
    Stephan Schneder Flannel shirt
    AA tee (no vis)
    TOJ Daypack
    +J wool pants
    Docs Arthur Boots

3. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

People never understand my jokes.

:'(

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

or just moved on from the good ol' days when hedi was running tings? those cps are about as sleek/pointy as a derby can get without venturing into winkle picker territory (again, see hedi circa 2003 and,uh, ever since).

5. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

He's just fishing for a response because no one responded to his first post. No need to humor him. Ironically, SLP is way closer to "normcore" (barf) than the majority of stuff in WAYWT.

6. Rais

Rais Senior member

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I get what Prudy is saying. Skinny jeans and a tight rider isn't part of the SF uniform so maybe people jump to say it's too small too quickly when it's just a different style, like saying a Yohji coat is too big. Those clothes are tiiiight, but if that's your thing ok. Problem for me is that the lengths don't work. The sleeves are long, but the pants are cropped, which betrays the whole idea of playing with how clothes fit. Longer skinny jeans would look better IMO.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Needs monkstraps worn unbuckled for sleeve cuff / shoe synergy.

Not a bad idea, although my white kicks ain't been clean in a good long while. :embar: I have no problem cleaning and polishing my welted shoes, but somehow I can never work up the gumption to clean my sneakers.

TY. :satisfied:

FWIW, I ended up swapping out the green jacket entirely for a navy Harris Wharf number before leaving the apartment because my GF was wearing a bright red shirt and we looked kinda ridiculous together.

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Seriously??

You are fucking clueless. This should be the most interesting thread on SF. There should be a diverse sample of styles and posts and thoughtful criticisms/discussions. Instead, as was mentioned previously, you get 65 posts of shit fits and racist/fake racist (really, who cares because neither belongs in this fucking thread) and - um, kill me now - SLP bashing posts with the usual lazy shit like "SLP is way closer to normcore than the majority of stuff on WAYWT." That is literally the dumbest thing I've read on SF, and that's saying a lot.

And, no - those CPS are not about as pointy as a derby can get. Use Google, dude. I was trying to point out that the fit was, instead of what others seemed to be seeing, aka, too cropped/skinny, going for that look and I thought that the derbys interrupted the style he was going for.

Just to point out the obvious - not every fit on SF has to be a sexless, shapeless mess that you can smell through your computer screen 4000 miles away.

10. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

Yeah, because "SLP == normcore" is less of a baseless generalization of "WAYWT == normcore." Sure, man.

Thinking that people are hating on the fit because "m-mmm-m-m-muh SLP" and not because of (legitimate or not) criticisms on length is what's truly lazy. Also, while I feel most '-core' classifications are intellectually lazy, you should review what normcore actually means and why dark goofninja "sexless, shapeless mess"es are pretty much the antithesis of normcore.

[​IMG]

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Saint Laurent Paris

14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

can we have a 'how to disagree with each other civilly' workshop one day? i'll bring donuts.

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

only if they're cronuts from dominique ansel, or else we're going to have a serious disagreement right thurrrrrrr