• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Is very good, cyc.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

LBM Jacket
Luxire Shirt
Kent Wang Tie
Kent Wang Pocket Square
Epaulet Belt
Donnanna Pants
Alden Boots

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teger :worship2:

that jacket looks great, and I like what you did with that shirt collar.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
thanks. the jacket is a random lbm jacket that I got for $75 off yoox. it has this weird zip-in vest thing. need to get some work done on the back/neck.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LBM Jacket
Luxire Shirt
Kent Wang Tie
Kent Wang Pocket Square
Epaulet Belt
Donnanna Pants
Alden Boots

I thought it was pink pantster. Idk if a higher compliment is possible. Well done

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was actually eyeing one of those LBM jackets with the vests. Good to know someone took the plunge and it turned out great.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really great look Teger, although I wish the belt was darker. Jacket fits great.

Did you know the button-down collar was invented by polo players to keep their shirt collars from flapping in their faces? :teach: I just learned that myself. I personally would never wear a button-down collar with a jacket and tie, but that's personal preference. But judging by that photo, you seem to be in a serious setting not really appropriate for dressing down a jacket so unless the pic isn't representative of what you were doing I think a different shirt would be better.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But judging by that photo, you seem to be in a serious setting not really appropriate for dressing down a jacket so unless the pic isn't representative of what you were doing I think a different shirt would be better.

Can't tell if mocking MC or being serious.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't tell if mocking MC or being serious. 

Completely serious. Tie and jacket with button down collar is a casual look. Nothing wrong with it in a vacuum. I'm just inferring from the setting in the photo, along with the pocket square, that it's not a casual day. But maybe it is.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Completely serious. Tie and jacket with button down collar is a casual look. Nothing wrong with it in a vacuum. I'm just inferring from the setting in the photo, along with the pocket square, that it's not a casual day. But maybe it is.

wat. He's also wearing suede derbies and an odd jacket with patch pockets. There is nothing incoherent according to The Rules about it. And considering this is probably an academic something or other because Teger it is probably more than appropriate.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

filed under: things only styleforum cares about

Relative to the other things discussed in this thread? Bene's taper being 1/2 inch too long? The length of kgfan's sweater?

wat. He's also wearing suede derbies and an odd jacket with patch pocket. There is nothing incoherent according to The Rules about it. And considering this is probably an academic something or other because Teger it is probably more than appropriate. 

Yeah, I made it pretty clear there was nothing inappropriate about the fit. I have no idea if he's a student. I see a guy in a stately room waiting by the door, it looks like he's waiting for an interview or a meeting. He knows to ignore what I said if it's a casual setting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads