Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

did not mean to thumb your post. and

[​IMG]

it's not about outshining the outerwear. it's about pairing the right pants with the right outerwear so that they complement each other. had he worn different boots, those jeans probably would work. in the context of the current fit, the jeans are the weakest link.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

2. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior member

Thanks, man. Stuff like this is my "home base" in terms of everyday style. The HF and streetwear stuff is like a side project, if that makes sense. Probs should've posted more of this stuff first before the experimental stuff.

Haha why's that? I can't get reccs for how to make that second fit better if I delete it. I'm unsure of what to change... The trousers? Slip-ons? I love the shirt, but maybe its proportions aren't the right length?

Best thing about this coat is that so much that can be worn with it. Stuff like solid colored knits are a great option b/c they add texture, which plays really well with the floral embroidery. Also, tons of footwear options (e.g. achilles, leather derbies, suede stuff... lots!). Currently have a BOLO for the right shade of red scarf to wear with it.

It's spectacular, from their current f/w collection. Heavy indigo wool with an embroidered floral design.

Maybe saying something like this is anathema for this thread, but OL reminds me a lot of Ervell in terms of aesthetic and quality.

3. The3rdConch0rd

Is there a way to tell who's thumbing who?

Yea, I definitely get that, which is why I said that both pieces do compliment each other in terms of aesthetic. In fact, there's a worn-in vibe from all the individual pieces in the fit. What trouser should he wear instead?

I think naming the denim as the weakest link is somewhat debatable. I think it's the boots. To me, they make the scarf so much jarring than it should be.

4. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Not as much as you think!

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

That coat is great. I wish that were my coat. Although some of my dumbass friends would probably tell me that I look like their grandma's upholstered couch. But I would reply, "you must have an awesome grandma."

The tan slip ons in the spoiler pic are really bad in that context. They might work with white pants but would never be my first choice.

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

click the thumb button and it will tell you the 20 most recent thumbs.

i think the denim is definitely weaker than the boots, but obviously, personal taste is going to factor this a lot more than anything else. ie trousers, m.a+ trousers, or something along those lines is what I was thinking.

7. The3rdConch0rd

lol I mean, everything has it's limits.

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Really not liking colors in either of those, 3c. Again, I'd try simpler.

9. The3rdConch0rd

TIL. I

Didn't consider m.a+ right away, but that could definitely be a really good alternative.

10. The3rdConch0rd

@Synthese Simpler in terms of colors, or..?

There's also gotta be a yo-granmda joke in there somewhere...

I really need to pick up some white trousers. Not necessarily for that fit specifically, but for general s/s fits.

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Even the first one? White shirt would work better, but otherwise it's great

Second one, I'll admit, is a bit incoherent. Bold colored stuff like that Our Legacy coat goes best with equally stark layers underneath, like on this Soto model:

[​IMG]

(on the other hand, i like the idea of subverting expectations with a coat like that and wearing it with super casual layers like a white tee and, faded jeans, and sumpin.)

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yuh, colors. And I don't care about brand synergy, but wearing the sharp mmm trews + slp boots and a....black fleece blue oxford (i assume?) doesn't make any sense to me (in terms of how it looks). I'd go white for sure.

Echoing Dlester on the beige vans - stacking some darker (still blue) denim on top a pair of regular white slip ons would look sweet.

the final caveat is that i generally think "quirky collared shirts" are stupid, so while I don't like either variant, that could just be me.

13. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Honestly man, that second fit is pretty much dadwear with a sharp ornate coat thrown on top. Please don't ever wear dark socks with slip on vans unless it's with shorts and you're trying to win the dress like Caveat's dad mowing the lawn challenge.

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

[​IMG]

I actually kept staring at the jacket version of it. I could get it and I could wear it with my black jeans and some white lows but I dont think its really my jam.

15. The3rdConch0rd

Yea, wearing it with a white dress shirt would be great. I really bought it to wear with a white tee, those jeans, and sneakers. I overthought the pieces for that second fit.

Was he advocating for white pants or shoes? Either option is good, though.

Yea, Brooks Bros Black Fleece oxford. What makes it a "quirky collared shirt"?