Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Not on vacation -- my wife's grandma lives here and her mom is visiting from Canada so we decided to come over. I would have gone somewhere warmer haha

2. Watashidake

Watashidake Senior member

[​IMG]

Uniqlo linen shirt
    Jan Jan van Essche C#5 linen/cotton shorts
    Nike flyknit chukka SFB

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

loved everything until the shoes

4. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I think you mean socks.

5. Watashidake

Eh, I personally like them and think they match the texture of the shorts (camera didn't realy capture the static fleck of the linen blend), but either way, I've yet to find a pair of sandals I really like or can afford, so I don't really have any shoes I can wear with these shorts

6. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

I don't think you're doing anything wrong necessarily. But all of your fits look bad. You're wearing brands with a very strong aesthetic. Classic case of the clothes wearing you instead of the other way around. Whether you like it or not, everyone has a certain aesthetic/look, that's just the way it is. The aforementioned look is usually derived from a combination of height/weight/ethnicity/posture/bone structure/face structure/body hair/facial hair/aura. Frankly speaking, in the spirit of constructive criticism, you look like a nerd. and SLP, Rick are perceived as cool and edgy and they are just not congruous with the way you look. I hope you don't take offense to this as it isn't meant in that spirit. I felt like this same thought was on the tip of everyone's tongue as it is not easy to communicate in a polite, politically sensitive manner. On a side note, you are not alone. Generally speaking 90% of people look bad in SLP, and 99% of people look bad in Rick (the other 1% look really really bad).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

@Watashidake A nice fit from you. I do not mind the shoes. Overall, comfy look and nice proportions. Cool shorts. Maybe you can alternate the shoes out for some Play Converse shoes like the Shah

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

dude has more natural swagger than your average internet person. he has a great build and great posture. if anyone gets to wear slp, etc, it's him.

9. Watashidake

speaking of converse, I really like the shoes like pottery mono lows, if they do a high top in the all-black canvas/sole, i'll definitely pick a pair of those up​

[​IMG]

10. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

Whats the point of quoting and replying to me if you completely disregard the main point of my argument to pick out two minor components of my premise out of context?

11. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior member

All of them? Every single one? Don't be so myopic. Saying things like that sort of ruins your credibility, and I haven't even read the rest of your post. I've had my share of bad fits, but it's definitely balanced by good things in other fits.

So I can't wear certain brands b/c you think I look like nerd? I'll ignore the elitist, classist bullshit tones in that statement and just counter with images. This guy looks like a nerd, but I think he looks great wearing geobaskets (https://man.totokaelo.com/uploads/i...-Fashion-Street-Style-Blog1-610x916.png)--and OMG he's wearing what you would probably call "hipster glasses". How dare he wear something that doesn't jive with his nerd vibes. And here is a guy, who looks like he wants you to think that he eats nerds for breakfast, but looks terrible in Rick http://cdn12.lbstatic.nu/files/looks/large/2014/03/22/3640999_image.jpg?1395453339. Because he looks like a criminal, would he best suited to wearing an orange jumpsuit?

I don't want you to think I'm offended that you're calling me names. I could care less. But don't start spewing this terrible ideology based on a farce that people who look like nerds are barred from wearing certain brands. It's just so idiotic.

So, 100% of people look bad wearing RO? This is good symmetry b/c your credibility was ruined when I started and finished reading your post. I mean, it just seems like you have a serious deficit in the ability to see the worth in aesthetics you don't understand. I'll just leave you with these: (http://cdn.dressed.so/i/5212c2f379d7fl.jpg), (http://cdn10.lbstatic.nu/files/looks/medium/2012/07/03/2330453_SMMR012-03.jpg?1341336569), (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/57/53/39/5753391fdf0936ec91a049b985320ad7.jpg)

lol Everything you crossed out in his post is pretty much what I took away after reading it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N [​IMG]

Whats the point of quoting and replying to me if you completely disregard the main point of my argument to pick out two minor components of my premise out of context?

What are you even talking about? The foundation of your post read as follows: T3C is a nerd --> nerd's aren't cool enough to wear cool brands --> therefore T3C look terrible in all his fits b/c cool brands keep trying to wear him. Bam! took the chair from underneath your "logic" by truncating your initial "idea". The only other part to your post was saying that I shouldn't take offense. Also that no one looks good wearing RO.

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

man, you are super defensive. your fits aren't anything special. get over yourself.

13. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior member

I'm sticking up for nerds, bro. I sorta thought it was easily apparent that I wasn't defending myself so much as I was quashing the dumb notion that nerds can't wear certain brands..? lol w/e, dude, I don't care.

14. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

I'm sorry but this guy looks like a total jerk off. How is this even a look? Real men in the real world would laugh their asses off if a clown like this entered a room.

http://cdn.dressed.so/i/5212c2f379d7fl.jpg

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

you can wear certain brands and certain brands will wear you. it is largely dependent on many factors, but mostly build/physique and general aura. idk, i don't think your fits are great, but at the very least, you're definitely skinny enough to wear slp. whether it looks good on you (or most people, for that matter), is a different story.

also, nerds wear tojs to balance out their chubby it faces. everyone knows that.