The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I like the majority of T3C's fits, just thought the scarf was a little much there.

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Finally Hot Weather in S. Florida

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maison Martin Margiela - Virgin Wool/Mohair Jacket - Collarless Polo Knit - Hidden Buckle Belt - Virgin Tropical Wool Trousers - Replica 70's Military Boots - Cartier(s)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

While we're at it... wearing necklines like that with chest hair like that is a bad look.

edit: not Regis you chest waxing sun of a gun.

4. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

T3C looks better than most people who post on here (not all)

Its just that he is not part of the in-crowd and he is self-confident (cocky) and mildly abrasive

I'll go back to lurking

5. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior member

No. That's not what's happening. You're wrong. The people who are providing criticism are doing so constructively and I actively welcome that. I'm not saying--and never have--that I'm doing everything right and defending all my choices. I'm actually engaging those crits and trying to learn from them and their perspective. I am however, absolutely defending myself against words that are downright hateful and just untrue from you. If you didn't come off like a vile, snarky, know-it-all brat in this instance then we wouldn't be having this convo.

I think we've both said what we want to say, so let's move on and talk about how great Regis looks in v-necks and how ghost's choice of fabrics is so cool that it transcends reality. If you want to send me a PM we can talk about this further. No need to clog the thread with unnecessary banter based on a petty, insecure insult.

@RegisDB9 great fit as per usual!

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Have to keep it Rico Suave for the ladies man

[​IMG]

T3C is a cool dude in my book

7. The3rdConch0rd

Yea, I really need to trim that down. On the subject of hair, I did recently cut off almost all of it to look like this https://instagram.com/p/zYJaVpCeO6/?modal=true. Ever since my hair starting thinning a few years ago I had been wanting to rebel against my hairline and do this. It feels really good.

@RegisDB9 Thanks, dude
    [​IMG]

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Like anything else, it's a craft. Learn, improve, try, fail, correct, repeat. Like you said, it's elusive. You have to find it yourself.

Check the SOME SCARF SHOULD KOP! thread.

9. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Thought ethan was about to get banned from the internet if that was Regis' neckline he was talking about.

10. The3rdConch0rd

Cool. Posting here keeps me on that track. Wasn't sure if there was some glaring error--other than wearing enormo scarves without balancing them out properly--that I was making in the majority of my fits. Appreciate the feedback!

11. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Damn @ghostface :) ms ghost looks awesome. She's also got that cool pose down just so.

How do you survive the snow without gloves and with a shaved head?!

12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Just out of curiosity, how do you put together an outfit? Do you lay things out on the bed until you find the right combination? Do you try things on in front of the mirror, switching pieces out and checking what looks good? Or do you just think "this would work together well" and put it on and go?

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

This sounds simple but its really great advice.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I will answer anyways, and I would be curious to hear other people's answers as well.

I usually find myself in the last group. I try to think of things/combinations that in my head seem like they would look good and I go for it. Sometimes when I put it all on I may swap out a piece at the last minute because it doesn't look as good as it did in my mind, but I rarely if ever lay things out before hand, nor do much trying on at the mirror. Probably because Im lazy.

14. The3rdConch0rd

@Caveat Good question. I usually get ideas for a fit and then write them down in my phone. When I have time later in the week, I'll try on what's accrued in my Notes app and take fit pics of them all to see how they look irl. I'll look through those pics and see what works/doesn't work and add/subtract pieces from there. Laying things out should definitely be something I add into that process, though. Seeing them hanging in a closet is different than seeing them laid next to each other is different than seeing them worn. My biggest difficulty is starting the conversation of what to wear by trying to figure out how to match the aesthetic I want to project with the context in which it'll be worn. How do you usually put together a fit?

Like right now, I just thought of wearing this 08 Sircus shirt (http://man.totokaelo.com/08-sircus/paisley-shirt/navy/ILC7B5), with cropped blue wool Margiela trousers, and either CP derby shines or white Margiela GATs.

15. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

My morning routine as of late...

[​IMG]